[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 198791 times)

Stronghold

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »
Wow Chicos I was unaware she was a brunette.  Stunning indeed.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
Even more of a badass in person.  Brunette as well.  She was quite stunning.

weird shoulder bones
2/10 would not bang

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
weird shoulder bones
2/10 would not bang

You must never get laid.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »
Wow Chicos I was unaware she was a brunette.  Stunning indeed.

Watch the show, eyebrows are a give away.  (or so my wife says) I was looking at anything else.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
Khaleesi (Emilia Clarke) was Seth MacFarlane's squeeze for a while. He dumped her a couple months ago, which just goes to show there's no accounting for taste.

He's lucky she doesn't sick her dragons on him.

I love saying "Khaleesi" and I haven't read the books. So, for me, Khaleesi it is!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »
Khaleesi (Emilia Clarke) was Seth MacFarlane's squeeze for a while. He dumped her a couple months ago, which just goes to show there's no accounting for taste.

He's lucky she doesn't sick her dragons on him.

I love saying "Khaleesi" and I haven't read the books. So, for me, Khaleesi it is!!

Beauty isn't everything. ;)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
Please keep this a SPOILER-LESS thread.

I enjoy reading the shared posts of GOT love.
SS Marquette

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »

Khaleesi is actually her title rather than her name.  Khaleesi is the feminine form of Khol (as in Khol Drogo).  Khol is effectively Khan or King, and Khaleesi is Queen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:49:23 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »
GOT takes a week off, but fans on the board.....do not miss the 6/2/13 episode (only 2 episodes left)  Things start happening big time. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
Khaleesi is actually her title rather than her name.  Khaleesi is the feminine form of Khol (as in Khol Drogo).  Khol is effectively Khan or King, and Khaleesi is Queen.

OK. I also sometimes call the president "President," my doctor "Doc," and the guy who captained our Maui adventure trip "Captain."

Again ...

Khaleesi it is!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 02:58:37 PM »

oh yeah, well its actually Khal Drago, not Khol.  BOOM out nerded!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
OK. I also sometimes call the president "President," my doctor "Doc," and the guy who captained our Maui adventure trip "Captain."

I have some names for those folks, too. 

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 07:43:30 AM »
Anyone else watch last night? That was brutal.
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

nyg

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
That my friends was "The Red Wedding".....  Just wait......

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 08:00:42 AM »
Anyone else watch last night? That was brutal.
Should have suspected something like this.  Ned Stark's beheading was a surprise when it happened.    When does King Joffrey catch a bone up his arse?

I guess nobody has a long term contract.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
I only read the first book.  Last night's episode was brutal.   Did not see it coming until just a couple of minutes before the fun started, and I usually spot plot twists a mile away.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
I only read the first book.  Last night's episode was brutal.   Did not see it coming until just a couple of minutes before the fun started, and I usually spot plot twists a mile away.

D and DB did a really good job with it.  They didn't throw it all over the previews last week which really helped.  As someone who read the books, I think it was captured pretty perfectly, and I couldn't sit still (was watching with my SIL so I had to stay tight lipped).

nyg

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »
D and DB did a really good job with it.  They didn't throw it all over the previews last week which really helped.  As someone who read the books, I think it was captured pretty perfectly, and I couldn't sit still (was watching with my SIL so I had to stay tight lipped).

I agree, especially with the limited time they actually have to place it on film.  There was supposed to be a certain scene with Robb Stark and his direwolf (after wedding) that I thought they would put in, maybe next week in the finale's opening scenes. 

Looking forward to other's opinions when additional shockers happen during course of show, but RW was the pinnacle. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:09 AM »
They definitely went all out.  Thought the change from the books to make Robb's wife pregnant was to try to make the massacre more forgivable by giving him an hier...the first stab of the night killed that thought.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »
All I can say is....just wait....more to come

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 06:23:21 AM »
All I can say is....just wait....more to come

In terms of what?  Two more books of content?  As far as the pinnacle of the series, the RW is the most jaw dropping, book throwing moment you will see.  Nothing in the books has come close because once the RW happens, you realize that literally anyone can die at any time.

Its a great show, a better book series, but no one will ever be shocked like that again.  Well, maybe in a few years.... maybe. ;)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 07:06:47 AM »
Listen to Grantland podcast, two of their TV guys have only watched the series, and not read the books (like myself) theorized for the TV show to continue Benioff and Weiss may need to take more creative licensing to the story to make it more digestable for the TV viewer, which for folks like me, and probably 80% of the viewers (who have only watched the show and not read) would be fine by me.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 07:30:55 AM »
Listen to Grantland podcast, two of their TV guys have only watched the series, and not read the books (like myself) theorized for the TV show to continue Benioff and Weiss may need to take more creative licensing to the story to make it more digestable for the TV viewer, which for folks like me, and probably 80% of the viewers (who have only watched the show and not read) would be fine by me.

And I actually look forward to it.  Based on the often tediousness nature of the last two books and how most of their changes to streamline the plot have been very well done, I'm confident they can pull them off without missing the point.   

GRRM was on Conan last night, and said the next book could come out sooner rather than later.  Also looking forward to "The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Throne" book that is supposed to be out before Season 4.  GRRM was supposed to just provide a little detail and some notes, but got carried away and the thing supposedly more than doubled in size. 

feedback