collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 197196 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Game of Thrones fans here?
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:06 AM »
Went to the premier tonight for season 3.  It's terrific again...really great.  The cast spoke, the writers, director, etc...another great year if you are a G.O.T. fan.  The dragons are growing up. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »
Just got season 2 on DVD haven't watched it yet.

Also am rereading the books,amazing how much you miss

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »
Went to the premier tonight for season 3.  It's terrific again...really great.  The cast spoke, the writers, director, etc...another great year if you are a G.O.T. fan.  The dragons are growing up. 

Lucky man.  Can't wait for #3.

Winter is coming......

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:21:13 AM »
If you live in the upper Midwest, winter's never leaving. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
Excited for this season, looks like it could be great based on the trailer.  Last season was painfully slow, though I heard it was kind of a set up for things to come.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:07:46 AM »
Lucky man.  Can't wait for #3.

Winter is coming......

I never knew Kahlisse is actually a brunette.  http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/game-of-thrones-red-carpet-pics-season-3-premiere/#ref=/2013/03/19/game-of-thrones-red-carpet-premiere-season-3-pics/pos=

The tall woman in season 2 (Gwen Christie), the knight...wow, real life she is every bit that tall.  I would say 6'3" or so

Lena Headley is smoking hot in real life...also a brunette..  Stana Katic also there. 

The one that surprised me the most is Michelle Fairley, who plays Catelyn Stark.  She looks so haggard on the show with makeup.  She is much more attractive in person than I would have gathered.  

A lot of fun.  I'm a geek for the show so I was like a kid in a candy store at the after party. Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) was there, Kit Harrington (Rob Snow) and a host of others.  They had the iron throne on display along with some very cool props.  Good times.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:11:15 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »
I never knew Kahlisse is actually a brunette.

And even hotter as one too.

The actress that plays Robb Stark's wife is also smokin'.  She's Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter.

Seraph

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
I can't quite figure out where season 3 will end.  The red wedding seems like a good finale.  Thoughts?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
I can't quite figure out where season 3 will end.  The red wedding seems like a good finale.  Thoughts?

You post spoilers you die.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
http://devour.com/video/game-of-thrones-season-3-trailer-2/

Can't stop watching.

Edit: nyg beat me to it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
Excited for this season, looks like it could be great based on the trailer.  Last season was painfully slow, though I heard it was kind of a set up for things to come.

I actually liked last season and the wildfire episode was epic.

Episode 1 of this year is not heavy on action, though there is some, but you can see the setup coming for the rest of the year.  They gave us a sneakpeak of the rest of the year and people were going nuts...these are Hollywood types going nuts, not just regular fans. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 10:12:28 AM »

Dude.  Shut the hell up.  Some people haven't read the books that enjoy the show only.  Personally, I've read all the books and think that the TV show does a pretty good job.  It is extremely entertaining and I can't wait for the 31st.

If you're just watching the show I HIGHLY recommend reading the novels as well.  You find out a lot more in the novels (obviously).

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
Speaking of Game of Thrones, here is the mashup with Princess Bride and GoT. Spoiler alert regarding Season One.

http://youtu.be/AFOXCfoKO1k
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
Just finished the first Book (Game of Thrones) looking forward to starting the 2nd. I completely love it

I found the book to be more enjoyable than the TV series except the additional boobs in the TV show offers. I think there is an added depth to the characters that the show glosses over or misses

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »
Love G.O.T. Psyched for the season.

Usually, I can talk my wife into watching "my" shows. She's even learned to love Sons of Anarchy, which is the opposite of a chick show. But for some reason I can't convince her to watch this. I do know she hates British accents, so maybe that's it. (But she likes James Bond, so maybe not.)

Oh well, her loss.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
Love G.O.T. Psyched for the season.

Usually, I can talk my wife into watching "my" shows. She's even learned to love Sons of Anarchy, which is the opposite of a chick show. But for some reason I can't convince her to watch this. I do know she hates British accents, so maybe that's it. (But she likes James Bond, so maybe not.)

Oh well, her loss.

Same here.  It's why I didn't take my wife last night and took a friend who is a major geek on G.O.T.   He got a lot more out of it then she would have. 

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
toeing the line here between teasers and spoilers depending your view: http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/24-things-we-learned-from-the-cast-and-crew-of-game-of-thron

Seriously though, don't go on wikipedia or any Ice and Fire-pedia's if you dont want it ruined

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks and grab season 3 on bit torrent like the 1st two seasons

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks and grab season 3 on bit torrent like the 1st two seasons

Seriously. If HBO would just create a way for me to give them money I would. I'm hoping that Netflix producing original content will make them realize that selling HBO GO as a standalone is a good idea.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »
My friend once turned off the last part of a Packer loss and said they were going to watch "the boob show."  It sounded good enough for me to try! I started one following Saturday morning and was through season 2 by Sunday evening.  The wife and child may have been neglected a bit, but eventually my wife caught on and we're both excited for season 3.  Just good storytelling.  I have to imagine the books are fascinating.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
Seriously. If HBO would just create a way for me to give them money I would. I'm hoping that Netflix producing original content will make them realize that selling HBO GO as a standalone is a good idea.

Actually a horrible idea and they've said why on many occasions.  They would lose their arse.  Today, they don't deal with acquiring customers, servicing customers (call centers, etc, etc), infrastructure, etc

This is a simple math exercise and they come out losing if they do.  If HBO could make more money, they would do it.  They can't, which is why they don't.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
Actually a horrible idea and they've said why on many occasions.  They would lose their arse.  Today, they don't deal with acquiring customers, servicing customers (call centers, etc, etc), infrastructure, etc

This is a simple math exercise and they come out losing if they do.  If HBO could make more money, they would do it.  They can't, which is why they don't.

Would it be that difficult to make HBOGo a pay site/app?

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Just watched the first two seasons in the last two weeks. Can't wait for the new season to start. I plan on reading the books but only so far as they have made episodes for, don't really want to spoil the show by knowing what's coming next. Walking Dead season finale is the day season 3 premiers so my Sunday nights will still be spent in front of the tv.

feedback