[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane Wilson named to AP Wisconsin First team  (Read 10432 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Duane Wilson named to AP Wisconsin First team
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
http://www.channel3000.com/sports/wiaa/Aquinas-Koenig-voted-AP-player-of-year/-/4060/19312886/-/1086swu/-/index.html

Bronson Koenig named AP player of the year.

Looney also named to the first team.

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Duane Wilson named to AP Wisconsin First team
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »
http://www.channel3000.com/sports/wiaa/Aquinas-Koenig-voted-AP-player-of-year/-/4060/19312886/-/1086swu/-/index.html

Bronson Koenig named AP player of the year.

Looney also named to the first team.

A future Badger picked as Wisconsin POY? Wow, didn't see that coming. ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »
Koenig's dad probably threatened the voters if they didn't pick his son.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
Buzz now has a nice chip on Wilson's shoulder to develop.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »
What's the story with Koenig's dad?  I've seen a lot of comments lately and have no idea what they stem from.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
What's the story with Koenig's dad?  I've seen a lot of comments lately and have no idea what they stem from.

He apparently posts in Badger boards all the time.  He's kind of fun to troll with "Duane Wilson is better than Bronson Koenig" comments.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

Sort of like Tim Maymon.  Lets just put it that way.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »

He apparently posts in Badger boards all the time.  He's kind of fun to troll with "Duane Wilson is better than Bronson Koenig" comments.

Please tell me it's tmoney

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
Last week, I happened to flip to 1250 on the radio because I had heard how bad it was from this board. When I turned it on (week night around 6pm, not sure what show it was) they had a "recruiting expert" (didn't catch his name) on discussing Wilson and Koenig. They asked who he thought was better and the guy said that they were both really good players but he'd give the edge to Wilson. The immediate response from the host was, "Yeah, but you're biased." There was then about 5 seconds of awkward dead-air before the expert said that Wilson is quicker, runs offense better and can shoot better. The host then said that Koenig was a lot bigger, but was told they're both 6'3" and 180 pounds. The host said that Koenig is closer to 6'4", 200 and Wilson is no more than 6'0" and then went on to say that even if Wilson turns out to be better, Bo would never recruit "that kind of player."

For a second, I thought it was a bit scripted by some Scoopers but apparently that was the actual show. It cracked me. Gotta give the people what they want, I guess.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »

Wilson is better than Koenig.  What is wrong with stating facts?

With Bo's style of play Koenig will want out of UW by the end of his freshman year.  What were the schools that we close no Koenig's list?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
Please tell me it's tmoney

that would be great, as tmoney is ZFB's favorite badger poster.  ZFB will give tmoney credit for being even better that ZFB in the use of 3rd person.

koenig's dad is teabaggersaredumb or somthing to that effect.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
Well, I'm not going to say Wilson is better than Koenig, because they play different types of games.  Wilson is a very good fit at MU...and Koenig is a very good fit at UW.

Rumors are his dad is "badmofo18" in this thread.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=11288856

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
Looney will be the one to make an impact.

Later, people will look back and say, "Dang. Duane was on that team too?!"
SS Marquette

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »
Last week, I happened to flip to 1250 on the radio because I had heard how bad it was from this board. When I turned it on (week night around 6pm, not sure what show it was) they had a "recruiting expert" (didn't catch his name) on discussing Wilson and Koenig. They asked who he thought was better and the guy said that they were both really good players but he'd give the edge to Wilson. The immediate response from the host was, "Yeah, but you're biased." There was then about 5 seconds of awkward dead-air before the expert said that Wilson is quicker, runs offense better and can shoot better. The host then said that Koenig was a lot bigger, but was told they're both 6'3" and 180 pounds. The host said that Koenig is closer to 6'4", 200 and Wilson is no more than 6'0" and then went on to say that even if Wilson turns out to be better, Bo would never recruit "that kind of player."

For a second, I thought it was a bit scripted by some Scoopers but apparently that was the actual show. It cracked me. Gotta give the people what they want, I guess.

No shock. That's what I would expect in the land of Becky. Always support good ol' State U.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
He's also "birthersarefools" on the Buckyville forum.  He got all uppity once when one of their posters said that Wilson had a better year than Koenig did this year.  Fun reading.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »
A future Badger picked as Wisconsin POY? Wow, didn't see that coming. ::)

Glad you said it...otherwise it would be a conspiracy argument  :D

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

I heard that segment as well, the guy was a HS coach who has some decent local connections. Gary got all huffy and said Wilson was too small to be any good. That prompted Dominican's former coach to call in and put him in his place. Which was awesome.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »

Like Tim Maymon with an account on MUScoop. I'm not at all convinced Koenig will make it 4 years at Wisconsin. I don't think Bo will have any patience with his dad, who is already saying Koenig would be the best player on Wisconsin if he were there now and guaranteeing he will be starting from day one. Guessing there will be some loggerheads if that doesn't happen. And Koenig has a reputation as being incredibly arrogant, likely because of the helium pump his dad installed in his backside. I don't see that going over well with Bo at all.

If he's going to truly succeed at Wisconsin, there are going to need to be some serious attitude adjustments. Koenig's talents may fit Bo's style, but the reports of his entitled attitude and his brash, boisterous father don't at all seem to fit with Bo's hard-nosed mindset.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

I truly hope Bo Ryan can be a positive influence on this young man's life.  I mean that sincerely.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »
Glad you said it...otherwise it would be a conspiracy argument  :D

Don't be such a martyr.

Two different groups pick AP player of the year and Mr. Basketball.  And your Mr. Basketball argument fell real flat with no good argument whatsoever.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
I was at the Domincan/Aquinas game and they are almost exactly the same height. Koenig definitely stronger and Wilson definitely quicker. I was impressed with Koenig's passing in that game and was surprised to see he only average 4.4 assists per game for the year.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »
Like Tim Maymon with an account on MUScoop. I'm not at all convinced Koenig will make it 4 years at Wisconsin. I don't think Bo will have any patience with his dad, who is already saying Koenig would be the best player on Wisconsin if he were there now and guaranteeing he will be starting from day one. Guessing there will be some loggerheads if that doesn't happen. And Koenig has a reputation as being incredibly arrogant, likely because of the helium pump his dad installed in his backside. I don't see that going over well with Bo at all.

If he's going to truly succeed at Wisconsin, there are going to need to be some serious attitude adjustments. Koenig's talents may fit Bo's style, but the reports of his entitled attitude and his brash, boisterous father don't at all seem to fit with Bo's hard-nosed mindset.

IIRC, he was suspended for a game or two earlier in the season for whatever the generic, HS equivalent is for "conduct detrimental to the team." From what I hear, he could be the type of kid who needs to get a decent distance away from home in order to thrive, much like Maymon.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »
I was at the Domincan/Aquinas game and they are almost exactly the same height. Koenig definitely stronger and Wilson definitely quicker. I was impressed with Koenig's passing in that game and was surprised to see he only average 4.4 assists per game for the year.

4.4 assists is pretty good for high school since most teams only score in the 50s-60s.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »
4.4 assists is pretty good for high school since most teams only score in the 50s-60s.

That's 10 points higher than his college team will average.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »

Seriously?? Wow.

feedback