'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who is MU's MVP so far this season?

Vander Blue
146 (72.3%)
Davante Gardner
46 (22.8%)
Junior Cadougan
9 (4.5%)
Jamil Wilson
0 (0%)
Other
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Author Topic: MVP So Far....  (Read 3859 times)

4th and State

• Starter
MVP So Far....
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
Who do you guys think is the MVP so far?  I'm going with Gardner but if Blue keeps consistently producing he may be the guy by years end.  Discuss....

flash

• Team Captain
Re: MVP So Far....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
Vander Blue, most consistent player, leading scorer, great defender, MVP

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
Davante is no doubt an intrinsic part of this team and a force on offense, but the 32 minutes Vander plays just outweigh the 21 Davante puts in. 

OrangeGreenGolden

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
Why is Jamail Wilson even in this poll? I can understand Cadougan as the floor general and senior leader, but Wilson doesn't even deserve to be on the court in some games!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »
Vander, and by a pretty significant margin.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »
Vander followed far behind by Junior.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
Vander followed far behind by Junior.

+1

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
Vander Blue....

Mufflers

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »
Gardner because he's the only go-to scorer.  The difference between him and the next best front court scorer is huge.  Vander's production on both ends could be covered decently by Mayo.  I voted based on Valuable, not Best.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
Who voted for other? Not disagreeing but just curious on who...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 05:18:31 AM »
I'd say Blue by a narrow margin over Junior. JC has had a few too many high turnover games but has kept them down recently and is one of those guys that does whatever we need on a game-by-game basis. If we need points, he scores. If we need distribution, he dishes. If we need a clutch shot, he hits it. Davante has also been very good, but doesn't quite play enough minutes for my vote. That said, when he's on he's our most dominant offensive player and his improvement on defense has been incredible.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
I have to go with DG, and not to make that in any way a knock on Vander, who has been amazing.  At this point I'd worry more about his absence from a game than anybody else. (Yes I know he was just absent and Vander took things over).
Still, my vote is with DG......... it's a nice luxury to even be able to have this argument.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
It is between Cadougan and Blue. I will vote after Louisville game. We can win, if Cadougan does not throw stupid passes.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
Part of the reason I voted for Gardner is how much better he can make everyone else.  When he gets the ball in the block he is doubled immediately pretty much everytime.  If he's not, its a basket or trip to the foul line.  This opens up the space for everyone when you have a big guy that can be dominant in the post and a luxury MU hasn't had in some time.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
I wish we had DJO, Jae, or Jimmy on this squad...but I think what I like most about this team is that you don't necessarily know who's going to step up on any given night.

Van, Jr, and DeDe have been our most consistent ballers, but the balance and depth on this team makes this such an interesting season.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:49 AM »
Buzz Williams...!!!! can't believe the start we're off to with this group

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »
Stone Cold

+1 on Buzz

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »
We definitely hit pay dirt on Buzz

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
I think it's a really tough call.  I like Gardner.  He is such an integral part of our half court offense.  He draws a lot of attention his way. 

It's really close though.  Vander has been huge for us and has really started to come on lately.  Others have also stepped up and played really well. 

Junior has been playing pretty much exactly to my expectations, but I expected a lot from Junior to begin with.  He's a seasoned player now and a true leader on the court.  That definitely goes a long way.

I expected more from J Wilson that he hasn't lived up to, but maybe it was unfair to expect so much from him.  I think he is still a good role player that sometimes has trouble getting his motor going.

Anderson and Lockett have been playing well, IMO.  We need their length and they really show extra hustle for loose balls and play with high intensity. 

I'm really starting to get excited about this team.  Like really darn excited!  Sunday is going to be a huge test for us.  Let's see if this team has what it takes, because they've been showing signs of fight lately.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
Davante has to do better on the defensive end, and play more than 21.5 mpg, to be MVP.

icheights

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
I think it's a really tough call.  I like Gardner.  He is such an integral part of our half court offense.  He draws a lot of attention his way. 

It's really close though.  Vander has been huge for us and has really started to come on lately.  Others have also stepped up and played really well. 

Junior has been playing pretty much exactly to my expectations, but I expected a lot from Junior to begin with.  He's a seasoned player now and a true leader on the court.  That definitely goes a long way.

I expected more from J Wilson that he hasn't lived up to, but maybe it was unfair to expect so much from him.  I think he is still a good role player that sometimes has trouble getting his motor going.

Anderson and Lockett have been playing well, IMO.  We need their length and they really show extra hustle for loose balls and play with high intensity. 

I'm really starting to get excited about this team.  Like really darn excited!  Sunday is going to be a huge test for us.  Let's see if this team has what it takes, because they've been showing signs of fight lately.

It isn't a close or tough call at all.  Vander Blue.

Gardner plays significantly less minutes and only plays one end of the floor.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
It'll be interesting to see who steps up on the road Sunday.

I'd love to see another all round performance.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:03 AM »
It isn't a close or tough call at all.  Vander Blue.

Gardner plays significantly less minutes and only plays one end of the floor.

This isn't true anymore. While he's certainly more effective on the offensive end, he's starting to have more impact on defense. He's been blocking shots far more regularly this year and as the competition has amped up so have his blocks. He is also getting better at creating turnovers. He has very quick hands and is getting better at stealing the ball. His defensive rebounding numbers are also up.

What's really impressive is he's starting to hustle. The play against Providence stood out as he bounded back to create Junior's block and you can see him moving a lot quicker when he gets out to hedge screens and returns to the paint. He doesn't get beat nearly as easily. He's still a work in progress and not our best defender by any stretch, but he's clearly putting in quality work.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 07:52:36 AM »
Van.  Kid practically never leaves the court anymore.  Now plays both ends of the floor like the recruit we'd all hoped he'd be when he signed.  Shoots, rebounds, plays outstanding D, finishes around the hoop, limits turnovers, hits free throws, anything else?  I'd bet on second team all BEast this year.