[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Maybe it's time to try again..  (Read 10181 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Maybe it's time to try again..
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:07:07 PM »
I was reading the paper today .. there's a column by the local political gossipers about a story in Wisconsin Politics .. long story short, a Democratic candidate running for US Rep, uttered the words "Injun time" .. after he appologized, he mostly got a pass, mainly because Indian groups really hate the Republican who is also running.  What caught me was the last paragraph, and how it applies to .. you know what.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=523845&format=print

The other day, an embarrassed Kagen apologized for publicly making a joke using the phrase "Injun time" - maybe not the most egregious thing a candidate could say, but still the type of slip that could cause a political migraine. Just ask Virginia Sen. George Allen, who is still smarting for referring to a man as "macaca" this summer or the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who in 1984 called New York "Hymietown."

But in Kagen's case there's been little fallout in Indian Country. Tribal leaders even defended him, saying "Indian time" is a phrase commonly heard on reservations. One leader, Menominee Chairman Karen Washinawatok, did, however, say the word Injun is offensive.

(snip)

"Tribes are getting to know that all that racist stuff is piddly," said Dallas White Wing, a Ho-Chunk Nation legislator for 16 years. "They're not letting little piddly things like names get to them. We don't have the time to pay to attention to what the white man says - they pronounce names funny anyway."

In conclusion, Let's Go Warriors.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
Re: Maybe it's time to try again..
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
I was reading the paper today .. there's a column by the local political gossipers about a story in Wisconsin Politics .. long story short, a Democratic candidate running for US Rep, uttered the words "Injun time" .. after he appologized, he mostly got a pass, mainly because Indian groups really hate the Republican who is also running.  What caught me was the last paragraph, and how it applies to .. you know what.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=523845&format=print

The other day, an embarrassed Kagen apologized for publicly making a joke using the phrase "Injun time" - maybe not the most egregious thing a candidate could say, but still the type of slip that could cause a political migraine. Just ask Virginia Sen. George Allen, who is still smarting for referring to a man as "macaca" this summer or the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who in 1984 called New York "Hymietown."

But in Kagen's case there's been little fallout in Indian Country. Tribal leaders even defended him, saying "Indian time" is a phrase commonly heard on reservations. One leader, Menominee Chairman Karen Washinawatok, did, however, say the word Injun is offensive.

(snip)

"Tribes are getting to know that all that racist stuff is piddly," said Dallas White Wing, a Ho-Chunk Nation legislator for 16 years. "They're not letting little piddly things like names get to them. We don't have the time to pay to attention to what the white man says - they pronounce names funny anyway."

In conclusion, Let's Go Warriors.

first of all, because kagan is a liberal-he gets a pass on the use of the term "injun".  if mark belling used the term, he would be tarred and feathered and probably called to resign.  second of all, it's very revealing on how the native american gets selectively angry over the term "injun".  thirdly, if native americans continue to get mad over the use of the term warrior, he is very vain as the term doesn't only apply to them. a conclusion could be to offer all native americans a class on the term warrior and it's not all about them.  last of all, send every jesuit to the same class as the native americans to also learn that the term warrior doesn't only refer to native americans and then send them to real sensitivity classes on sexuality of young children and why covering it up is very insensitive.  the chidren and young adults who have survived this type of abuse to live as normal a life as possible are  warriors themselves-go warriors

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »
first of all, because kagan is a liberal-he gets a pass on the use of the term "injun".  if mark belling used the term, he would be tarred and feathered and probably called to resign.  second of all, it's very revealing on how the native american gets selectively angry over the term "injun".  thirdly, if native americans continue to get mad over the use of the term warrior, he is very vain as the term doesn't only apply to them. a conclusion could be to offer all native americans a class on the term warrior and it's not all about them.  last of all, send every jesuit to the same class as the native americans to also learn that the term warrior doesn't only refer to native americans and then send them to real sensitivity classes on sexuality of young children and why covering it up is very insensitive.  the chidren and young adults who have survived this type of abuse to live as normal a life as possible are  warriors themselves-go warriors

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=4528.0

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=4528.0

skat man, if all you see in my post is politics, you are a leaker.  in my so eloquently written post, there is a much deeper message. take your blinders off and think for a change.  you're acting like a 3rd grade hall monitor.  oh mr. board lords, wyzgy's talking politics again ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
skat man, if all you see in my post is politics, you are a leaker.  in my so eloquently written post, there is a much deeper message. take your blinders off and think for a change.  you're acting like a 3rd grade hall monitor.  oh mr. board lords, wyzgy's talking politics again ::)

Your posts are just to troll the forums.  It's rare that you say anything that isn't meant to incite someone.  It's tiresome and I won't get sucked into it.

Did someone take your shift keys?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
Your posts are just to troll the forums.  It's rare that you say anything that isn't meant to incite someone.  It's tiresome and I won't get sucked into it.

+1

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »

well i'm not going to write suck-up posts like yours and all your buddies who agree with everything you and your cliques want to hear. note you are attcking me and the way i want to type, but nothing about the substance of my message.  if i happen to incite someone, that doesn't necessarilly have to be a bad thing.  to incite= to prompt, to urge, to encourage action.  actually, that should be part of what these boards do, especially one associated with an educational instituiton.   you've obviously been sucked in to it despite your words.  if it's that tiresome-you are weak.  you are afraid to confront what i am saying...put me on ignore and go back to text messaging your boyfriends. 

oh yeah-shift keys, i just choose not to use them unless i have to spell out your name or God's

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »
just roll with the punches baby. grab a chair cozy up to your computer and let the scoop village know whats rackin your brain dont be afraid to let your opinion be heard you can always just throw out some ad hominem attacks if people dont agree with you. and dont even worry about people not understanding your metaphors or nicknames because clarity is about as important as finding a pimp who offers health insurance, now that barry h obama is giving it away for free. dont be afraid to get political because anything goes in the superbar and just let it flow doesnt matter if it makes sense or not this isnt a thesis, no one is giving away pulitzers so just give those liberals what they have coming. i didnt post a whole lot during the basketball season but since its over this board needs some inciting i gotta keep it going, play the gadfly, pump a little socrates into this board and see what magic we can make

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:24 AM »
just roll with the punches baby. grab a chair cozy up to your computer and let the scoop village know whats rackin your brain dont be afraid to let your opinion be heard you can always just throw out some ad hominem attacks if people dont agree with you. and dont even worry about people not understanding your metaphors or nicknames because clarity is about as important as finding a pimp who offers health insurance, now that barry h obama is giving it away for free. dont be afraid to get political because anything goes in the superbar and just let it flow doesnt matter if it makes sense or not this isnt a thesis, no one is giving away pulitzers so just give those liberals what they have coming. i didnt post a whole lot during the basketball season but since its over this board needs some inciting i gotta keep it going, play the gadfly, pump a little socrates into this board and see what magic we can make

Now that's pretty funny.  Sorry for all the capitalization and punctuation in my previous posts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:19:46 AM »

*applesauce*

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

well done

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 12:00:28 AM »
"They pronounce names funny anyways."

lol
SS Marquette

daniel3franks

• Walk-On
  • I love Dancing.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »
Its very funny and sometimes irritating when someone mispronounce your name.Anyways Lol... ;D

feedback