[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What was up with Lockett?  (Read 12642 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: What was up with Lockett?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
Just so we're clear:

Blue's good performance doesn't mean anything, but Lockett's poor performance (in the same scrimmage) is concerning.

Got it.

this

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »
As a recent MU grad currently attending ASU for grad school, I'm pretty confident saying that Lockett will be a contributor this year. 

As is certainly the case with many on this site, I read through the discussions almost daily, but rarely comment.  That said, why is ANYONE wasting time talking about a single scrimmage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 05:05:28 PM »
I don't need him to be a five star future NBA player.  It would simply be nice if this board could access his game fairly.

None of us can access Blue's game.   Many of us can assess it however. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
Man, I swear some of the people on this site R a frikkin trip. It's a damn scrimmage, wat the hell do u expect? Jeez!!! This is my prediction, Lockett will have a great year, despite all the negativity thats thrown out on this site. UNFRIKKIN unreal. MU will B great!!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
this

This what? We've seen Blue do this in the past, and we've seen the board over react. He's solid but with a headline "Blue leads" will likely not be duplicated in conference play. @Sultan, I agree, I think many on this board try to over compensate for Blue because they want him to be a player he's not, probably to prove others wrong.

As for Lockett, based on what I've read on this board most of the board predict 30 minutes out of Lockett and 12-14 points. For him to take many shots or be involved is a bit concerning. I can't imagine a major contributor not even taking shots in a scrimmage.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
I can't imagine getting worked up over it.   It is as dumb as thinking that rumors of us losing a closed door scrimmage cost us a seed line.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
when did scoop start acquiring such obvious trolls? this guy is annoying, to say the least

This guy is a troll. He used to humor me but....that ship has sailed

I don't think that KenoshaWarrior is a troll.  I believe that he has self-esteem issues that causes severe cognitive dissonance when the team that he roots for is successful.  Thus, the two recent sweet sixteen finishes are causing him great pain which he hopes to relieve by dampening expectations for this year.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:49:45 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
Thanks for the diagnosis, Dr. Murray. According to the Merck Manual, this condition can be cured with a large dose of Exlax.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
None of us can access Blue's game.   Many of us can assess it however.  
True.  Absolutely untrue.  Very few on here are capable of objectively assessing his game.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
Thanks for the diagnosis, Dr. Murray. According to the Merck Manual, this condition can be cured with a large dose of Exlax.

Your manual must be out of date... the preferred med these days is any one of the pharmas ending in "-nafil."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »
This what? We've seen Blue do this in the past, and we've seen the board over react. He's solid but with a headline "Blue leads" will likely not be duplicated in conference play. @Sultan, I agree, I think many on this board try to over compensate for Blue because they want him to be a player he's not, probably to prove others wrong.

As for Lockett, based on what I've read on this board most of the board predict 30 minutes out of Lockett and 12-14 points. For him to take many shots or be involved is a bit concerning. I can't imagine a major contributor not even taking shots in a scrimmage.

"This" being totally dismissing one part of a scrimmage (blue) while embracing another part of that same scrimmage (lockett). If you're going to say that Blue's result isn't pertinent because it's just a scrimmage or whatever, you've gotta dismiss Lockett's result too.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »

It seems like you are getting caught up in the "who", not the "what".

Remove the names and see if this makes sense:

Player A isn't as good as his scrimmage performance, people are too quick to hype him. Player B looked bad in the scrimmage, and that is concerning.

Does that make logical sense?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
It's not true that Vander didn't produce in conference play. He had a span of games where his point totals were:

Besides the two point game, those are all solid scoring performances

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
this thread was started as a joke and you've actually latched on to the original post now stating that a major contributor would never not attempt a shot in a scrimmage.  for two years the kid averaged 13pts a game playing in the PAC10 and you're going to try and take something from a scrimmage?  if anything, take it as a senior understanding how to properly blend with a new team...and when lockett does become a major contributor, you need to join kenoshawarrior as troll status.

feedback