Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Closed Door Scrimmages  (Read 5178 times)

ATLmarquettefan

• Scholarship Player
Closed Door Scrimmages
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
In the last few years, Buzz has opted for close door scrimmages instead of the exhibition games. Do we know that still holds true this year and who we'd be scrimmaging?

GGGG

• All American
Re: Closed Door Scrimmages
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
Yeah...hosting George Mason and at Illinois State. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
These things aren't highly publicized.  Heck, we just found out yesterday that Georgetown and UNC are going to have a CD scrimmage.... that seems like pretty big news to be breaking only a couple weeks before.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
I can understand the rule about being closed door. However, why not allow after the fact reporting on it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
How much influence with the selection committee will these scrimmages hold with regards to seeding?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
I can understand the rule about being closed door. However, why not allow after the fact reporting on it.

Are you expecting clear and reasoned logic from the NCAA?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
How much influence with the selection committee will these scrimmages hold with regards to seeding?
A small amount

When we lost to Kansas State in the Scrimmage a few years back the word got out and we lost a seed line because of it.   If two teams are equal than this scrimmage could be used to sway minds. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
That is pure speculation perpetuated by only 1-2 individuals. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »
A small amount

When we lost to Kansas State in the Scrimmage a few years back the word got out and we lost a seed line because of it.   If two teams are equal than this scrimmage could be used to sway minds. 

It's virtually impossible to be this wrong all the time. Nate Dogg, until otherwise noted I'll proceed under the assumption that you are always being satirical.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
A small amount

Exactly.

Just like He Got Game is based on Ray Allen.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
A small amount

You are an idiot. Can the mods ban this dumbf*ck already? Literally everything you've said recently is either wrong or shameful to a true Marquette fan.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 12:53:05 PM »
I forgot Kenosa was Nate.   It all makes sense now.    No, Michael Beasley reportedly going off in a closed door scrimmage with no official records kept did not move MU down a line in the seedings.    Time to remove the Reynolds Wrap chapeau. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »
You are an idiot. Can the mods ban this dumbf*ck already? Literally everything you've said recently is either wrong or shameful to a true Marquette fan.

The only problem is Groin Pull needs someone to agree with.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
These things aren't highly publicized.  Heck, we just found out yesterday that Georgetown and UNC are going to have a CD scrimmage.... that seems like pretty big news to be breaking only a couple weeks before.

I thought they already did and the Asian guy won.
SS Marquette