Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I think most have this wrong, Buzz got off easy and he knows it  (Read 20410 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
We are now in the post Joe Pa era and Head coaches are now held responsible for everything.

See Bobby Petrino.  Schools now have zero tolerance for off-field (court) problems ... even if they are winning.

Buzz has no reason to feel jilted or look for the a new job.  He should be standing on Wisconsin Avenue apologizing to passerbys.  

Since the Florida game in the Sweet Sixteen ....

* SMU
* TJ Taylor
* Todd Mayo suspended and then not suspended
* Apartment 720
* Monrach breaking the rules and lying
(did I forget anything?)

The list above is simply unacceptable, especially coming in the wake of all the in-season suspension, Newbill, sexual assault (harassment), half the team getting busted for being under 21 in a bar (added later), Vander fight/court appearances, etc.

Maybe this is why Collins, and Lundy left and why Benford was desperate of the HC job?  Are they jumping ship before Buzz sinks it?  Hopefully Chew and Wainwright will help get things under control.

So please stop the LW wants us to be SLU.  Buzz has to get control of this program.  He knows this and should feel lucky he was not hammered harder.

The only reason he is still around is the team is doing well and has good recruits coming.  The administration has been more than fair and he has to do his part ... STOP GIVING THEM A REASON TO DRAFT FRIDAY NIGHT PRESS RELEASES.  

If Buzz feels the administration is being unfairly hard on him, go ahead and leave and try this crap when your team is 15 and 15 at another school that just views you as a hired gun.  If he leaves, he will be a high-major D1 coach for two years and on a fast track to Lamar.

So, Buzz, get control of your team and your program and cut the off-court crap now!!

If you're toying with leaving, that means you don't get it and you will destroy this program.  So leave now, before midnight madness.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:37:47 PM by AnotherMU84 »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: I think most have this wrong, Buzz got off easy and he knows it
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
I think one also has to wonder of Benford and/or Collins were involved any any questionable stuff that hasn't come to light and were told that they needed to go.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Saw Fleet was advertised on sale this week at Walgreens.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »
Benford got a pretty nice head coaching job. I don't think him taking the North Texas job is any indication at all that he was pushed out. The Aki to Memphis job you could probably make a case for looking at it from our distance. However, if he got an Associate Head Coach title at Memphis and wasn't going to get that at Marquette, then it's definitely possible he took the job on his own.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »
Benford has been trying for a head coaching job his entire life and now when he gets one people jump to the conclusion that he might have been told to leave?

He didn't leave for an assistant job at Florida Gulf Coast.......He is now a D-1 head coach.

wow....

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
Benford has been trying for a head coaching job his entire life and now when he gets one people jump to the conclusion that he might have been told to leave?

He didn't leave for an assistant job at Florida Gulf Coast.......He is now a D-1 head coach.

wow....
Yeah, that's exactly what I did.  ::)

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
Our best players under Buzz, Jae, DJO. and Jimmy Butler were all JUCO's; and few programs above MU paid little attention to these recruits because they were JUCO's (Glad they were with us).  But Buzz if you want to head to Texas, go. KO complained because he didn't have a parking spot. I feel like Buzz is whining now because he has to uphold a standard in which, perhaps, he can't keep. Buzz, is Tark, Spoon, Huggs, etc.  Alot of other coaches would love $2 mil. We could do better than coaches who allow their assistants to lie and cheat repeatedly.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:24:16 PM by Knight Commission »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
We are now in the post Joe Pa era and Head coaches are now held responsible for everything.

See Bobby Petrino.  Schools now have zero tolerance for off-field (court) problems ... even if they are winning.

Buzz has no reason to feel jilted or look for the a new job.  He should be standing on Wisconsin Avenue apologizing to passerbys.  

* SMU
* TJ Taylor
* Apartment 720
(did I forget anything?)

The list above is simply unacceptable, especially coming in the wake of all the in-season suspension, Newbill, sexual assault (harassment), half the team getting busted for being under 21 in a bar (added later), Vander fight/court appearances, etc.

Maybe this is why Collins, and Lundy left and why Benford was desperate of the HC job?  Are they jumping ship before Buzz sinks it?  Hopefully Chew and Wainwright will help get things under control.

So please stop the LW wants us to be SLU.  Buzz has to get control of this program.  He knows this and should feel lucky he was not hammered harder.

The only reason he is still around is the team is doing well and has good recruits coming.  The administration has been more than fair and he has to do his part ... STOP GIVING THEM A REASON TO DRAFT FRIDAY NIGHT PRESS RELEASES.  

If Buzz feels the administration is being unfairly hard on him, go ahead and leave and try this crap when your team is 15 and 15 at another school that just views you as a hired gun.  If he leaves, he will be a high-major D1 coach for two years and on a fast track to Lamar.

So, Buzz, get control of your team and your program and cut the off-court crap now!!

If you're toying with leaving, that means you don't get it and you will destroy this program.  So leave now, before midnight madness.

I think you are being too hard on him.

Certainly Buzz needs to be accountable, but he's had good success, and he's not directly responsible for all of this stuff.

Tighten everything up, and win some games. Buzz can stay as long as he likes.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »

See Bobby Petrino.  Schools now have zero tolerance for off-field (court) problems ... even if they are winning.

Buzz has no reason to feel jilted or look for the a new job.  He should be standing on Wisconsin Avenue apologizing to passerbys. 

* SMU
* TJ Taylor
* Apartment 720
(did I forget anything?)

Maybe this is why Collins, and Lundy left and why Benford was desperate of the HC job?  Are they jumping ship before Buzz sinks it?  Hopefully Chew and Wainwright will help get things under control.

So please stop the LW wants us to be SLU.  Buzz has to get control of this program.  He knows this and should feel lucky he was not hammered harder.

The only reason he is still around is the team is doing well and has good recruits coming.  The administration has been more than fair and he has to do his part ... STOP GIVING THEM A REASON TO DRAFT FRIDAY NIGHT PRESS RELEASES. 

If Buzz feels the administration is being unfairly hard on him, go ahead and leave and try this crap when your team is 15 and 15 at another school that just views you as a hired gun.  If he leaves, he will be a high-major D1 coach for two years and on a fast track to Lamar.

If you're toying with leaving, that means you don't get it and you will destroy this program.  So leave now, before midnight madness.

That's some nice plagiarism.  At least say "Having read the most recent entry on Paint Touches..." before you go ripping off their work.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
This thread is lame.  Period.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
This thread is lame.  Period.
Double lame. No point in arguing either. Double Period.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »
Our best players under Buzz, Jae, DJO. and Jimmy Butler were all JUCO's; and few programs above MU paid little attention to these recruits because they were JUCO's (Glad they were with us).  But Buzz if you want to head to Texas, go. KO complained because he didn't have a parking spot. I feel like Buzz is whining now because he has to uphold a standard in which, perhaps, he can't keep. Buzz, is Tark, Spoon, Huggs, etc.  Alot of other coaches would love $2 mil. We could do better than coaches who allow their assistants to lie and cheat repeatedly.

How is Buzz "whining?"  Do we even have evidence that he is complaining?  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:17:42 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
Buzz, just wants the support of the people that hired him and they are both gone.   Monarch was fired for giving a recruit a ride home and a t shirt.  Kentucky players drive Cadillacs.  I would prefers for the MU team to not get into trouble, but which kids do u think buzz brought in was a bad kid?  We're not Kansas or IU that has there pick.   We are Playing on a aircraft carrier this year.   Let's bring back the Jim deane days where he would get hammered and the players were slow and tall. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
Buzz, just wants the support of the people that hired him and they are both gone.   Monarch was fired for giving a recruit a ride home and a t shirt. 

Wrong.  Monarch got in trouble for repeatedly lying. 

And how do you know what Buzz "just wants?"

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
Buzz, just wants the support of the people that hired him and they are both gone.   Monarch was fired for giving a recruit a ride home and a t shirt.  Kentucky players drive Cadillacs.  I would prefers for the MU team to not get into trouble, but which kids do u think buzz brought in was a bad kid?  We're not Kansas or IU that has there pick.   We are Playing on a aircraft carrier this year.   Let's bring back the Jim deane days where he would get hammered and the players were slow and tall. 

WRONG!!!!! He was fired because he lied about what he did. The NCAA will come down with wrath of a 1,000 suns over lying and MU knows that. You can't keep liars on your staff.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

How is Buzz "whining?"  Do we even have evidence that he is complaining?  

His threats to go to an inferior program like SMU. His mouth piece in Gary Parrish. (just like Crean's bitch DeCoursey). The lack of the "ah shucks how glad I am to be at MU", like we heard before. Its strained we all know it and feel it. The writing was on the wall when KO started bitching about his parking spot; this is no different.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:39:19 PM by Knight Commission »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
His threats to go to an inferior program like SMU. His mouth piece in Gary Parrish. (just like Crean's bitch DeCoursey). The lack of the "ah shucks how glad I am to be at MU", like we heard before. Its strained we all know it and feel it. The writing was on the wall when KO started bitching about his parking spot; this is no different.

Although "Gary Parrish" and "mouthpiece" can be found quite often in the same sentence, I don't think it's applicable in this situation.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »

When did he make a "threat" to go to SMU???   How do we know that Parrish is his "mouthpiece?"

Don't write off assumptions as facts.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
Beat me to it, Sultan, was wondering the same about Buzz's so called whining. I see no evidence of that, but then again there is no real evidence of strife between him and the administration but that isn't stopping people saying that there is a "definitive rift". It's all speculation. It's fan fiction.

It's not like MU had a sterling record until Buzz came along and then everything went to the sh!tter. If anything, it seems like Buzz is insisting on holding the players to a higher standard, and holds himself to the same standard - hence all of those game suspensions last year for violations of team rules. Those violations weren't imposed by the NCAA. I don't think they were imposed by the administration. I think that was pure Buzz.

People might try to compare the program today to the program of years past, but in years past social media didn't play nearly the factor it does today. Cell phones with cameras that take pictures and videos didn't exist, certainly not to the degree of accessibility they do today. It's not comparing apples to apples.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 09:00:35 PM »
My point about monarch is he was being kind an driving a person a ride home, not a new car escalade with spinners.  Mistake, yes. 

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
Beoheims assistant did what and was he suspended for it?

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »
When did he make a "threat" to go to SMU???   How do we know that Parrish is his "mouthpiece?"

Don't write off assumptions as facts.

Google Gary Parrish and Buzz Williams and you will see how extremely tight (and how many exclusive stories Gary has on Buzz). DeCoursy did the same thing with Crean.....Gary doesnt write a thing without Buzz approving.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
My point about monarch is he was being kind an driving a person a ride home, not a new car escalade with spinners.  Mistake, yes.  

It's against the rules...and you left out that he gave the recruit clothing (also against the rules)...and that he lied.  (Very much against the rules of every work place I know.)

What UK does or doesn't do is completely irrelevant to this conversation.  I don't want MU to be like UK, clearly the administration doesn't, and if Buzz wants that he should look elsewhere.

Beoheims assistant did what and was he suspended for it?

He was fired.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »
Gary doesnt write a thing without Buzz approving.

Another assumption written off as a fact.  You are on quite the roll.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »
My point, was Jim b suspended for what his assistant did who was at Cuse for 25.