'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette fires Scott Monarch. Suspends HC Buzz Williams for one League game  (Read 85818 times)

AirPunches

• All American
Monarch fired and Buzz suspended per Goodman tweet.

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanCBS

Marquette has fired asst. coach Scott Monarch and suspended Buzz Williams for one game for Monarch violations and providing misleading info.

Bocephys

• All American
Yikes, anyone care to  the domer/buzz relationship is all rainbows still?

GoMarquetteSays

University Reports Violations In Men's Basketball To NCAA

Assistant men's basketball coach Scott Monarch has been dismissed, head coach Buzz Williams announced today.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082412aaa.html

Knight Commission

• All American
Yikes, anyone care to  the domer/buzz relationship is all rainbows still?

Mo Money, Mo Problems

4everwarriors

• All American
Chernobyl
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Knight Commission

• All American
How many slaps on the wrist can a man get?

MUDPT

• All American
Article says Buzz knew no knowledge of the investigation and Monarch was not being forthright on multiple occasions.  I side with LW on the Monarch firing.  I'm not sure if Buzz knew nothing of it, why he has to be suspended a Big East game.

TedBaxter

• All American
Don't worry, Whalen's on the case.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
Article says Buzz knew no knowledge of the investigation and Monarch was not being forthright on multiple occasions.  I side with LW on the Monarch firing.  I'm not sure if Buzz knew nothing of it, why he has to be suspended a Big East game.

That's what happens. The boss who picks and controls his employees gets punished when his employees do wrong. I'm fine with the 1 game suspension. Nothing drastic but sends a message.

Knight Commission

• All American
Wonder what "outside law firm"?  

Knight Commission

• All American
How many times has Buzz said, "Wish I would have taken SMU", over the past few weeks?

murara1994

• Starter
How many times has Buzz said, "Wish I would have taken SMU", over the past few weeks?

None because that's a crap job.

TomEnlundSays

MU fires assistant men's basketball coach over rules violations

Marquette University head basketball coach Buzz Williams said Friday that Scott Monarch, one of his top assistants, had been dismissed after an investigation determined Monarch had been untruthful with department administrators after they learned he had committed violations involving a recruit.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/167393425.html

Bocephys

• All American

madtownwarrior

• All American
did you even read the article - minor violations but Monarch lied repeatedly about it...  

Buzz says...

When I was allowed to review the report earlier this week, I was deeply saddened to learn of an error in judgment of one of my assistants and closest friends,” Buzz Williams said in a statement. “I take personal responsibility for what happens in this program and realize we must be role models to both our team and the entire University. Our commitment has always been and will always be to operate this program at the highest level of integrity in the Marquette and Jesuit tradition.”

Bocephys

• All American
Seems like a bit of an overreaction for a supposed free t shirt though. Can we assume this was something a bit more serious?

BM1090

• All American
Seems like a bit of an overreaction for a supposed free t shirt though. Can we assume this was something a bit more serious?

I doubt it since the story says:

"If Monarch had been truthful, he'd almost certainly still have a job," one source close to the program told CBSSports.com. "These were minor things."

Monarch gave a Marquette recruit apparel and also drove him home, which have been deemed as secondary violations. The Golden Eagles were also hit with the loss of an official visit due to the violations.

Knight Commission

• All American
did you even read the article - minor violations but Monarch lied repeatedly about it...  

Buzz says...

When I was allowed to review the report earlier this week, I was deeply saddened to learn of an error in judgment of one of my assistants and closest friends,” Buzz Williams said in a statement. “I take personal responsibility for what happens in this program and realize we must be role models to both our team and the entire University. Our commitment has always been and will always be to operate this program at the highest level of integrity in the Marquette and Jesuit tradition.”

Huggs said the same thing when his assitant was helping his athletes cheat on tests.........................................................................................

madtownwarrior

• All American
The Golden Eagles were also hit with the loss of an official visit due to the violations.

hopefully not the Nunn visit...

MUDPT

• All American
Did MU determine that they lost an official visit or was that the NCAA?

Knight Commission

• All American
Why werent these secondary violations reported? Gotta love MU on Friday Nights

Bocephys

• All American
Did MU determine that they lost an official visit or was that the NCAA?

All MU apparently.

Jay Bee

• All American
Buzz cut for a better assistant? 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
My guess (and I'm making this up) ... Monarch gave Duane Wilson some MU gear and drove him home.  All minor violations.  Then he lied repeatedly about it.

It's not the crime but the attempt to cover it up.