[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop fishing thread  (Read 158798 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Scoop fishing thread
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
Chili

I just noticed this. I'll download this week.

You might recognize some of the places he writes about from your days with the cabin by Trego.  His favorite body of water was the Brule, but he did spend time on the Namekagon too.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »
A little late posting, but spent the Friday before Memorial day weekend pounding the smallmouth on the St. Joe, up in Michigan.  Had a great day including a couple really nice ones on our first few casts while still at the landing, it only got better from there(see second picture).  Havent fished for a week or so.  Kids sports and the T-storms have been frequent.

Great looking fish.

A group of friends are up on Leech this week.  Yesterday was slow.  3 walleyes between 6 guys.  Dunks45 caught a 23 inch walleye for the largest in the group.  No shore lunch last night.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »
Went airboat fishing in the lower Suwannee river the Tuesday after Memorial day and caught a couple nice Reds.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

🏀

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »
Anyone got any hints on Delavan? Looking for some tackle suggestions as well.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
Fished in an amateur tourney in Lake Minnetonka a few weeks ago... nothing of any notable size, but the number of smallies caught was ridiculous.  I didn't come close to any individual accolades, but even if my partner had simply hooked half the fish I landed, we would have won the damn thing on total lbs.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »
Benny,

Do you fish Tonka a lot? 

It can be a great bass lake if you know where to go......and beat the crowd.

I used to go with a buddy on Tonka a couple times  a year.  We'd hit the lake at sunrise, and off by 11 AM....to avoid the knuckleheads.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
Benny,

Do you fish Tonka a lot? 

I used to go with a buddy on Tonka a couple times  a year.  We'd hit the lake at sunrise, and off by 11 AM....to avoid the knuckleheads.

Keep an eye out for this guy...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2014, 12:27:49 PM »
What's worse is the 20 year olds driving their daddy's 40 ft stinkpot, all freshly liquored up from Lord Fletchers.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »
What's worse is the 20 year olds driving their daddy's 40 ft stinkpot, all freshly liquored up from Lord Fletchers.

Fist pumping?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »

Any idiot can man handle a fire belcher. A real man knows how to tame then harness the wind

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2014, 12:44:51 PM »
I used to crew with a couple of guys who raced out of the Wayzata Yacht Club.  Sunday afternoons were just amazing on that lake with the boat traffic.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2014, 01:21:05 PM »
I used to crew with a couple of guys who raced out of the Wayzata Yacht Club.  Sunday afternoons were just amazing on that lake with the boat traffic.

In my experience it is not the amount of traffic but the number of knuckleheads who don't know the Rules of the Road. Navigation has standard procedures to ensure predictability and safety but many boaters have not bothered to learn them. Throw in the idiots flying martini flags and it becomes nightmarish. Those under sail always have the right of way but there are enough fools out there that I rarely assume powered vessels will yield and I drop the wind.

The very best water is the Chesapeake because the winds are perfect and people know what they are doing. It is always a pleasure to sail the Peake.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »
We are going next summer to Cedar Lake Camp near Perrault Falls in Ontario next summer.  This will be our first time at this lodge.  A couple of guys from our group bid on the trip at a DU banquet.

Anyone ever been to this lodge?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
Benny,

Do you fish Tonka a lot? 

Once a year... typically on a weekday in early June before school has let out and the water is still cool.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
We are going next summer to Cedar Lake Camp near Perrault Falls in Ontario next summer.  This will be our first time at this lodge.  A couple of guys from our group bid on the trip at a DU banquet.

Anyone ever been to this lodge?

Before you head off to that great lodge in the sky, chili, you need to fish Gustavus in May-June. 45 pound chinooks, sockeyes and silvers, 120 pound butt, ling cod and rock fish. Magnificent.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »
With three kids in college, I am on an Ontario kind of budget.

I agree with you though, Alaska is definitely on the bucket list.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
Once a year... typically on a weekday in early June before school has let out and the water is still cool.

What was the name of the tournament you fished?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:06 AM »
What was the name of the tournament you fished?

I don't know if there's an official name for it... it's a private tournament hosted by one of the Pohlad companies for a bunch of their clients from around the US.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
Was up north near hayward over the weekend. Knocked down a ton of bass including a 4 lb.
Only needed one kind of bait: https://kickerfishbait.com/shop/the-origional-texas-weedless-wacky-worm-6-14/

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »
Keep an eye out for this guy...

Not sure if you were referring to this or not but Al and Alma's is sort of famous up here.  They have a line of party/dinner boats.  They are most famous for the Vikings "Sex party" cruise about 9 years ago on Lake Minnetonka.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=108966

🏀

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Not sure if you were referring to this or not but Al and Alma's is sort of famous up here.  They have a line of party/dinner boats.  They are most famous for the Vikings "Sex party" cruise about 9 years ago on Lake Minnetonka.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=108966

Nailed it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
Not sure if you were referring to this or not but Al and Alma's is sort of famous up here.  They have a line of party/dinner boats.  They are most famous for the Vikings "Sex party" cruise about 9 years ago on Lake Minnetonka.

We rented a boat from Al and Alma's about 8 years ago. She handled like a champ but the seats were inexplicably sticky.

Death on call

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2014, 10:34:26 AM »
Caught this video making the rounds on FB the other day, too cool to not share

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=270770363110868&set=vb.266066813581223&type=2&theater

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »
We rented a boat from Al and Alma's about 8 years ago. She handled like a champ but the seats were inexplicably sticky.

That was probably Duante Culpepper.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
Good afternoon fishing. 15 minutes, 5 fish, including 2 smb's over 14.

Just a good day of fishing.