[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Keith Coleman signs with North Texas  (Read 4312 times)

GGGG

• All American
Keith Coleman signs with North Texas
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »
Kid from Philadelphia...prepped in Maine.  Was a slight MU target last year but went JUCO and didn't have a stellar year.  But is still a good get for Benford.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Keith Coleman signs with North Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »
Kid from Philadelphia...prepped in Maine.  Was a slight MU target last year but went JUCO and didn't have a stellar year.  But is still a good get for Benford.

ESPN top 100 guy who had to go JUCO, but failed to set the world on fire.  Still more material for the truth of rankings aren't gospel.

Was this the guy who was Georgi Dieng's prep school buddy whose commitment to Louisville helped seal Dieng's commitment before Coleman ended up not going to UL due to academics?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
That's Justin Coleman I believe. Justin also was rumored to have given a silent verbal to Marquette.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
That's Justin Coleman I believe. Justin also was rumored to have given a silent verbal to Marquette.

Wasn't that Wayne Blackshear that gave us a silent verbal? Or was it both? Or am I just totally wrong?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »
Wow, Buzz really missed a bullet with this Justin Coleman.  After signing his LOI with Louisville as part of the 2010 class, he was turned down for admission at Louisville.  I know for a while before he signed with UL, he was listed with only MU, then not.  Maybe MU held off on his verbal to see if he would be admitted.

After UL turned him down, he went to Marshall where he sat out 2010-2011.  This year didn't turn out so good, as shown by the following report from the Sporting News.

"Marshall freshman guard Justin Coleman has been dismissed from the team, three weeks after he had been reinstated from an earlier suspension.

Marshall coach Tom Herrion said Thursday that Coleman was dismissed for conduct detrimental to the program and not upholding its standards and expectations. He didn't provide specifics, but Coleman previously had been suspended for using his cell phone to text friends during a Dec. 29 game against Belmont.

Coleman, a top-50 recruit from Richmond, Va., originally had committed to Louisville but was denied admission to the school. He averaged 5.5 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 17 games this season for Marshall.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-01-26/marshall-dismisses-guard-justin-coleman#ixzz1uPIJaCfy

It was Justin Coleman I was thinking of as a top 100 recruit.  He was in 2010, as was Gerald Coleman who is still at Providence, I think.  Keith Coleman was never ranked in the top 100.  He was a 6'9" 240 lb center who MU looked at last year.  Posters here loved his picture because he had a "mean" look to him.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
i guess marshall doesn't promote multitasking...

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
After UL turned him down, he went to Marshall where he sat out 2010-2011.  This year didn't turn out so good, as shown by the following report from the Sporting News.

"Marshall freshman guard Justin Coleman has been dismissed from the team, three weeks after he had been reinstated from an earlier suspension.

The power of Mbao can do that to players.
SS Marquette

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »
The power of Mbao can do that to players.

I didn't know that that was where he ended up.  He played in 33 of 35 games, averaging 6.5 minutes.  14.3% shooting, 39.8% FT shooting.  1.8 rebounds, 0.8 blocks, and 1.5 fouls.

TribalRage

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
Benford was in on Coleman early on. His signing with NTU is the fruit of that effort.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
Benford was in on Coleman early on. His signing with NTU is the fruit of that effort.

It's UNT, but a great get for Benford. I don't think anyone questioned his recruiting efforts, and it's great to see it paying off early.

TribalRage

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
It's UNT, but a great get for Benford. I don't think anyone questioned his recruiting efforts, and it's great to see it paying off early.

A consistent comment from recruits and their families is the strength of Benford's connection with them as people. It should continue to serve him well.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »

Based on his play last year, I think the jury is still out on whether Keith Coleman will be more of a fruit or a vegetable.