[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

NCAA Ticket Strategy by MU82
[March 18, 2024, 10:06:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: KU (Taylor) vs. ISU (Christopherson)  (Read 3126 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
KU (Taylor) vs. ISU (Christopherson)
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
Ames is a tough place to play...KU suffering.

SC hit a deep three.
SS Marquette

🏀

• All American
Re: KU (Taylor) vs. ISU (Christopherson)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »
Scott's a solid player. I'm fine with Caddy though.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
Court rush unnecessary.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
SC would have used up his eligibility, so it is a moot point.   Congrats to the Cyclones
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Sweet Caroline is just straight up white.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »
SC would have used up his eligibility, so it is a moot point.   Congrats to the Cyclones

+1 Fact

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »
Did either one make a jumpshot?  Because that is important to know. 

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
Definitely was pulling for the Wisconsin kid who just didn't quite fit our scheme vs. the Jersey kid who ditched us when Crean left :-)

Obviously Taylor is the better player and NBA prospect, but congrats to Christopherson on the big win today, and  a nice game played.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »
Did either one make a jumpshot?  Because that is important to know. 

Yes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Just checked the box score.  Christopherson made TWO jumpshots! 

/sprints to phone so as to alert the press

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »
Court rush unnecessary.

completely agree-seems the bar has really been lowered for an excuse to rush the court.  don't get me wrong.  it was a big win, but no need to close school err anything ;D

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »
Just checked the box score.  Christopherson made TWO jumpshots! 

/sprints to phone so as to alert the press

Oh, and they just beat the #5 team in the country

If you watched the game, you would notice he scored 14 points.  He hit 9 of 10 from the free throw line, played 36 minutes, had a 3:1 assist to turnover ration including two huge assists the last three minutes when KU was down only 3 points.  He primarily brought the ball up in the last few minutes.  Kid is a gamer and would do well at MU.  Too bad it didn't work out as he would have helped on last year's squad especially.

Whether he would have played this year is not a moot point if he had redshirted, as some fans wanted him to do.  If had, this would be his senior season.  He has a good shot to be all Big 12 again this year.  Congratulations to him.

QUESTION:  Are we only allowed to congratulate former coaches that have left us (KO and Majerus) that fit a certain mold (left 5 years or less in tenure) but must mutilate coaches that left after 9 years and delivered a Final Four?  Does the same go with former players that are no longer here?  We must bash them at every turn unless they meet some magical criteria that makes it ok?
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
Oh, and they just beat the #5 team in the country

If you watched the game, you would notice he scored 14 points.  He hit 9 of 10 from the free throw line, played 36 minutes, had a 3:1 assist to turnover ration including two huge assists the last three minutes when KU was down only 3 points.  He primarily brought the ball up in the last few minutes.  Kid is a gamer and would do well at MU.  Too bad it didn't work out as he would have helped on last year's squad especially.

Whether he would have played this year is not a moot point if he had redshirted, as some fans wanted him to do.  If had, this would be his senior season.  He has a good shot to be all Big 12 again this year.  Congratulations to him.

QUESTION:  Are we only allowed to congratulate former coaches that have left us (KO and Majerus) that fit a certain mold (left 5 years or less in tenure) but must mutilate coaches that left after 9 years and delivered a Final Four?  Does the same go with former players that are no longer here?  We must bash them at every turn unless they meet some magical criteria that makes it ok?

Agreed.  I get the feeling that Christopherson schooled lab_warrior back in the good old La Crosse days.  Every time Scott does something good he's on here 5 seconds later trying to belittle the kid.  Hit a game-winning, buzzer-beating 3 in conference and you're going to try to downplay that?  OK, I guess.  Averaging 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1 turnover, and 0.5 steals per game in Big 12 play (the 2nd best conference in the country)?  Wow, those numbers stink.  Same with his awful shooting percentages for the season...41% from the field, 42% from 3 point range, and 92% from the free throw line.  His 3 point percentage and free throw percentage are higher than anybody's on Marquette's team.  And no, he isn't playing against inferior opponents, and no, his team doesn't stink.  NCAA Tournament team this year for the Cyclones.  Wouldn't be without Scott.

You look foolish trying to bash him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
Agreed.  I get the feeling that Christopherson schooled lab_warrior back in the good old La Crosse days.  Every time Scott does something good he's on here 5 seconds later trying to belittle the kid.  Hit a game-winning, buzzer-beating 3 in conference and you're going to try to downplay that?  OK, I guess.  Averaging 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1 turnover, and 0.5 steals per game in Big 12 play (the 2nd best conference in the country)?  Wow, those numbers stink.  Same with his awful shooting percentages for the season...41% from the field, 42% from 3 point range, and 92% from the free throw line.  His 3 point percentage and free throw percentage are higher than anybody's on Marquette's team.  And no, he isn't playing against inferior opponents, and no, his team doesn't stink.  NCAA Tournament team this year for the Cyclones.  Wouldn't be without Scott.

You look foolish trying to bash him.

Both young men made All-Big 12 announced last night.  Taylor was first team all Big 12.  Christopherson was 3rd team.  Congratulations in order for them both.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
count me as one that never would have thought that Scott C would get to that level.  congrats to him.