[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: WAY, way OT  (Read 39391 times)

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
Re: WAY, way OT
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
Since i would need to be knocked out to win, I would say 50+. I'm a pretty large fellow and could throw killer knees to the dome of the wee ones. not to mention, grabbing a kid by the ankles and swinging him around in a circle, using the centripetal force to lay waste to all of those in a close circumference.
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
Hahaha, this is fantastic. Depends on the season for me, after winter like right now when I am out of shape I would say no more then 20-25 but at the end of the summer I would up that number to 35. I think at that point I would just become physically exhausted and couldnt keep on my feet. Also, if I get a hold of one of their arms you better believe I am gonna be using them as a weapon.

Used to be a camp counselor, never had to deal with 5 year olds but those 7 year olds were a pain in the ass when you had all 10 jumping on you at once.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:37:22 AM by chitownwarrior2011 »

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:55 AM »
This is great!

I still think 30 is doable.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »
I know this thread is about 3 months old, but someone sent me a website that can answer the question of how many 5 years you can fight, http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakI have a toothachefight.com/

When I posted this thread orginally, I was firm on the number 40, but after breaking it down with the board I decided that 30 was realistic, turns out the website thinks I am good for about 33 5 year olds!

well that link sure has changed

I think the number is unlimited especially from the fear factor the 5 year olds will get after seeing the first ones swung by the feet and released at another group of them and whatever other carnage they witness

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »
This tread is AMAZING. To answer the question I think I could take 40 and I'm pretty confident about that. My plan would be to start of with some Kevin Nash big boots right to the face of any little rascal that charged at me. No question they'd be on the ground unconscious. Next I'd start thowing some haymakers around to knock some of these kids out. By then a good amount of them would be eliminated and I'd start rocking some choke-slams. I'm 6'3 185 so if I grab a 5 year old and choke slam him he might end up dieing rather than being knocked out. If anymore remained they wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't want to hijack this thread because I love it, but a question my roommates and I always discussed at MU was: If there was a World War 3, but only fist fighting who would win? I say American because yes Russia is crazy and the Chinese outnumber us but we can send our Military, the NFL, NBA, NCAA athletes, Boxers, UFC guys, prison inmates, etc at them and then leave the rest of their malnourished citizens to average Joe's like you and I.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:53:56 AM by swoopem »
Bring back FFP!!!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
Depends.  Are these five year olds just newly turned five or 20% older just about to turn six? Big diff in my opinion.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
I've been contemplating this for years.  What I've concluded is as follows:

It doesn't matter if you're surrounded by 20 five-year-olds or 200 five-year-olds, only 10-15 are going to be within "arms-length" to hit, grab, etc. and only 6-8 are going to be within bitable distance.  And unless you're wearing clothes made of cargo netting, your arms are a perfect defense to prevent any climbing.  So the question isn't so much "how many five-year-olds," as it is "how long can you sustain a 15-strong five-year-olds attack."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »
This tread is AMAZING. To answer the question I think I could take 40 and I'm pretty confident about that. My plan would be to start of with some Kevin Nash big boots right to the face of any little rascal that charged at me. No question they'd be on the ground unconscious. Next I'd start thowing some haymakers around to knock some of these kids out. By then a good amount of them would be eliminated and I'd start rocking some choke-slams. I'm 6'3 185 so if I grab a 5 year old and choke slam him he might end up dieing rather than being knocked out. If anymore remained they wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't want to hijack this thread because I love it, but a question my roommates and I always discussed at MU was: If there was a World War 3, but only fist fighting who would win? I say American because yes Russia is crazy and the Chinese outnumber us but we can send our Military, the NFL, NBA, NCAA athletes, Boxers, UFC guys, prison inmates, etc at them and then leave the rest of their malnourished citizens to average Joe's like you and I.

Good question, might also depend on who get's home field advantage.  If that were the case, Brazil could be a dark horse, forcing folks to come fight in the Amazon.  Indonesia, could spread out the world warriors over thousands of islands.  And who knew, Indonesia was the 4th most populous country in the world!

So yeah, I am gonna think through for a long time.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Good question, might also depend on who get's home field advantage.  If that were the case, Brazil could be a dark horse, forcing folks to come fight in the Amazon.  Indonesia, could spread out the world warriors over thousands of islands.  And who knew, Indonesia was the 4th most populous country in the world!

So yeah, I am gonna think through for a long time.

I think China could win out of sheer numbers.  Though Russian women would probably fight along side the men, which gives them a huge fist army too.  Indonesia, interesting.  Islands plus old, old world techniques.  Americans are too lazy to unite into a cohesive fighting force, plus the bleeding hearts would be moaning and wringing their hands. 

The French have already surrendered.

But at the end of the day, the Irish will still be standing strong, drinking whiskey and fighting with each other.

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »
the Irish will still be standing strong, drinking whiskey and fighting with each other.
*The reason the Irish fight among themselves is the lack of a worthy opponent.
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm thinking 20-30, so I'll say 25.
You could probably smack the first wave that comes at you, but having a swarm of munchkins grabbing, kicking, biting, etc is gonna wear you out pretty quick. They, on the other hand, have almost unlimited energy. Give them all a bunch of sugar treats before we start and no way an adult could overcome their sugar rush.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
The question is not really how many 5 year-olds could you take on at once.  The real question is how many 5 year-olds would be needed to take out a poorly conditioned old fat guy.  I say 40-50 kids in about 20 minutes.  15-20 kids if the kids are ADHD.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
This is hilarious!  Anyway, I really liked that Henry used his usual detailed statistical analysis!

I have an important question.  What's my motivation?  Am I just trying to win a bet for bragging rights or is there a prize involved?  If its the former I couldn't bring myself to hurt any of them.  If the prize is a night with an amorous centerfold 25-30.  If the prize was avoiding a night with an amorous Mike Tyson 200.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
Which would you rather fight: a horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Is this thread in the meme competition?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

It really depends if the duck size horses have razor sharp, piranha like, teeth.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »

I, too, know of this thing called Reddit.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
I work with 25 Kinders every Friday.

Dudes, 15-25 (max) is a doable number. Any more than that will tire and overcrowd you.
Once one latches on and slow you down, the rest will soon follow.

The energy level in a Kinder is amazing. The motors are on a constant hum. No slow or fast speeds. Bad news #1: If you're a guy in his 50s, you're gonna eventually tire out. Bad news #2: they won't.

Also, they're human Timex watches: take a licking and keep on ticking. I've seen many get knocked down by bigger kids (4th graders) and some just get up and shrug it off. Crazy.

So my number considering my current fitness level? 18.
SS Marquette

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »
Pick one up and heave him/her across the room, or better yet into a nearby body of water, then backhandedly swipe one or two out of your way while giving out a loud growl, and methinks the remainder will retreat no matter what the number.

And here people thought X-Men was a simple comic book with no real life lessons to be had.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
I would just stand on a table until they fall asleep. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
I would just stand on a table until they fall asleep. 

You've never put 5 year olds down for a nap, eh?

A better strategy for you might be to just offer them healthy food.  Once they start crying, it's on.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2014, 02:40:48 PM »
The video below answers nothing in regards to this discussion, but it does show the power of numbers and getting tired, thanks Japan for being just odd enough to put this together:

3 Olympian fencing masters VS 50 opponents!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgKg0Hc7YIA

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
The video below answers nothing in regards to this discussion, but it does show the power of numbers and getting tired, thanks Japan for being just odd enough to put this together:

Awesome.  Things like this make me so thankful that Japan decided to leave the whole imperialism thing behind.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »

You literally just beat me to it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »
Here's a new one from the team that brought you "how many 5 year olds" (presumably)...

Consider a 40 y/o couple that has been married for 15 years.  Which do you find more disturbing:

1) The man going back in time 25 years specifically to sleep with his 15 y/o wife,
2) The wife going back 25 years specifically to sleep with 15 y/o him, or
3) Neither
Caveat: Finding '1' and '2' equally disturbing is not an option.

Hint: The answer isn't as obvious as it seems on the surface.... this one requires some thought.

feedback