[Today at 09:43:19 PM]

Pitino's Modern Take on a Maguire Move, Blow off the NIT by BLWarrior91
[Today at 09:38:18 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:10:52 PM]

Kolek Update by PointWarrior
[Today at 08:49:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...  (Read 54988 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
I'm sure others who watched saw Mike Kelly roll replay of Vander coming out of game and Wilson offering him a handshake/five..several times and Vander just ignored him...

If I'm Wilson, I pull Vander aside and tell him if I offer you a 5..several times and you blow me off 3 times...next time I'm gonna punch you in the mouth.  Which we all know Wilson could destroy Vander if it came to blows...

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

WarriorDoc

• Starter
Re: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »
Vander is a punk.  Wonder what's going to change his entitled attitude.

godzilla

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
I'm sure others who watched saw Mike Kelly roll replay of Vander coming out of game and Wilson offering him a handshake/five..several times and Vander just ignored him...

If I'm Wilson, I pull Vander aside and tell him if I offer you a 5..several times and you blow me off 3 times...next time I'm gonna punch you in the mouth.  Which we all know Wilson could destroy Vander if it came to blows...

Vander Blue has been a punk since he first came to MU.  And it wasn't like Blue didn't see Wilson holding his hand out, he kept it there for quite a while.  It was a total snub.  As I've written before, Blue is very hard to root/cheer for.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
this thread is embarrasing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
bring out the trolls!

godzilla

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »

Why?  Even the TV announcers noticed it and called Vander out for his behavior.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »
Why?  Even the TV announcers noticed it and called Vander out for his behavior.
Seriously?  You need to have it pointed out to you?

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
i can understand emotions running high and being frustrated but that snub was classless.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »

Sorry...but the teammate-ship Vander showed his teammate was embarrassing. He deserves to be called out, and I'm glad the showed that sh$t on replay.  

As Buzz says, you get what you earn....want to be a dick to a teammate....be ready to read about being a dick head.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
What happened to GTST?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 02:30:40 PM »

+100.  Something done in the heat of the moment, after he misses two FTs, and this board blows up.  Honestly, I think this thread more petulance than Vander showed.  

And Vander had a good game today too.  Not great...too many TOs and missed FTs...but solid effort.

Sorry...but the teammate-ship Vander showed his teammate was embarrassing. He deserves to be called out, and I'm glad the showed that sh$t on replay. 

As Buzz says, you get what you earn....want to be a dick to a teammate....be ready to read about being a dick head.

Don't assume that someone is, or is not, a good teammate based on whether or not he "left someone hanging."  Honestly, are you guys a bunch of middle schoolers???

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »
Blue needs to realize that if you can't put the ball in the basket, you are going to be subbed out on offense. The five star status can only buy you minutes for so long.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »

As I said, this thread is embarrasing

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »
Blue needs to realize that if you can't put the ball in the basket, you are going to be subbed out on offense. The five star status can only buy you minutes for so long.

He wasn't snubbed on offense.  He was pissed that he missed the FTs....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
maybe Blue was a bad teammate in that moment, but you adults are choosing to get your thongs in a bunch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
maybe Blue was a bad teammate in that moment, but you adults are choosing to get your thongs in a bunch.

Yes....  He was "in that moment."  That the camera happened to catch.  Don't make assumptions based on that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
+100.  Something done in the heat of the moment, after he misses two FTs, and this board blows up.  Honestly, I think this thread more petulance than Vander showed.  

And Vander had a good game today too.  Not great...too many TOs and missed FTs...but solid effort.

Don't assume that someone is, or is not, a good teammate based on whether or not he "left someone hanging."  Honestly, are you guys a bunch of middle schoolers???
Like I said in the other thread - Some of us just aren't as big of fans of being a dickhead as you seem to be.  And since you went all "Mike Kelly said so about Gardner's conditioning" in our previous discussion...what is your reply to Mike Kelly feeling tape need to be rolled and commented about the crappy sportsmanship/teammate-ship shown by Vander?"  Is he a middle schooler too?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
I'm not a "fan of being a dickhead."

I'm also not a fan of making assumptions about people's behavior and relationships based on *one* moment caught on camera.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »

Ha. This again? Sorry dude. If you are a complete non-factor on offense and mistake prone, you are not having a good game. He should have had more TOs. The dude continually breaks the cardinal rule of do not leave you feet unless you know what you are going to do with the ball.

Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
Ha. This again? Sorry dude. If you are a complete non-factor on offense and mistake prone, you are not having a good game. He should have had more TOs. The dude continually breaks the cardinal rule of do not leave you feet unless you know what you are going to do with the ball.

Ha.  This again!!  Ignoring someone's defense

7 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assts, 3 TOs. 

Solid game.  Too many turnovers.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
I'm not a "fan of being a dickhead."

I'm also not a fan of making assumptions about people's behavior and relationships based on *one* moment caught on camera.

Well...most people who aren't dickheads tend to think leaving a teammate hanging for a five is kind of a dick move.  And btw...did you see who was team leader in steals??  Gardner.  That's right.  Gardner and his crappy defense and conditioning. You take up for Vander all the time and critique Gardner..yet Gardner goes for 13 and 10 on 66% shooting..and Vander has NO steals, 3 turnovers and 7 points on 40% shooting.. EDIT (Not to mention 3 of 8 from the line)

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
This is such a joke. When will people grow up? Could there possibly be anything more meaningless that we can nitpick about? This group is one of the closest I've ever seen at Marquette and Vander and Derrick were joking and "slapping of fives" after the game. Vander was unhappy with the run Nova went on to get back in the game, he came back in and had a huge block and besides one drive played great defense.

Also, who in the hell says "slap of five"? Are you 100 years old and still picking fights with 19 year old's??

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »
Well...most people who aren't dickheads tend to think leaving a teammate hanging for a five is kind of a dick move.  And btw...did you see who was team leader in steals??  Gardner.  That's right.  Gardner and his crappy defense and conditioning. You take up for Vander all the time and critique Gardner..yet Gardner goes for 13 and 10 on 66% shooting..and Vander has NO steals, 3 turnovers and 7 points on 40% shooting..

Steals are not a great way of determining someone's defensive contribution.  Davante had all of those in the first half.  He picked up his last foul by reaching in terribly...trying to pick up another steal.  The fact is his last three fouls were due to being out of position.  He was tired.  And he should have been.  He played a very good game.  Voted him SOTG in the other thread.

And by the way, I never once said that Gardner's defense was "crappy,"  just that he got tired.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
This is such a joke. When will people grow up? Could there possibly be anything more meaningless that we can nitpick about? This group is one of the closest I've ever seen at Marquette and Vander and Derrick were joking and "slapping of fives" after the game. Vander was unhappy with the run Nova went on to get back in the game, he came back in and had a huge block and besides one drive played great defense.

Well said.  That's right...the block was after this "incident" too.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
OMG! Did yóu guys also see when DG got the bucket while fouled and didn't slap hands with Wilson and Mayo because he was too busy saying "sheesh"?

No. You didn't because it was DG, not VB.

Seriously, you need to quit posting like a cute one and get over your man hate on VB.