'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...  (Read 54986 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

Ha.  This again!!  Ignoring someone's defense

7 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assts, 3 TOs. 

Solid game.  Too many turnovers.

And Marquette shot really well from the free throw line, but we missed too many.

Not sure how you have solid game with too many turnovers. Maybe if your name is Vander Blue. 0 steals, 1 block, 3 for 8 from the line. Honestly, take the golden eagle googles off for a second.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
OMG! Did yóu guys also see when DG got the bucket while fouled and didn't slap hands with Wilson and Mayo because he was too busy saying "sheesh"?

No. You didn't because it was DG, not VB.

Seriously, you need to quit posting like a cute one and get over your man hate on VB.
Two things:

1) how did you do this

2) I think he was screaming "and 1", not saying sheesh

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
OMG! Did yóu guys also see when DG got the bucket while fouled and didn't slap hands with Wilson and Mayo because he was too busy saying "sheesh"?

Seriously, you need to quit posting like a cute one and get over your man hate on VB.

Was this directed at me??  1) WTF is a "cute one?"  2) WTF is "man hate?" 3) I'm known by some here as being a fanboy and Mr. Rose colored MU Glasses.  I start a thread criticizing a player and now ironically some of you who have called me fanboy, rose colored glass, now call me out for starting a negative thread pertaining to something MU basketball?  Wow.  The irony.  And man hate? (Proper usage marqptm?)  

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
And Marquette shot really well from the free throw line, but we missed too many.

Not sure how you have solid game with too many turnovers. Maybe if your name is Vander Blue. 0 steals, 1 block, 3 for 8 from the line. Honestly, take the golden eagle googles off for a second.

You have a solid...but not a great game...with the turnovers and FT misses.  In the end, he had only one more TO than DJO, Ox and Jamil -the three SOTG candidates in the other thread.  Second in assists (4) and rebounds (7) and he played very good defense.  Solid game.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »

You have a solid...but not a great game...with the turnovers and FT misses.  In the end, he had only one more TO than DJO, Ox and Jamil -the three SOTG candidates in the other thread.  Second in assists (4) and rebounds (7) and he played very good defense.  Solid game.

The continued argument of Vander and his very good defense gets old...I'd like to see some results from his very good defense - like some steals on occasion.  Did you like the matador defense along the baseline with 28 seconds when he let Pinkston just blow by him on the baseline for a vicious slam while the game was still in question? 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Not a big deal that he dissed Wilson but I think the more important point is that Vander had some bad body language at an important point in the game and that is contagious.  Vander is still a bit immature and tends to pout sometimes.  However, he did make some solid contributions today unlike the past few games.  Would be nice if he could knock down a few more FTs.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
The continued argument of Vander and his very good defense gets old...I'd like to see some results from his very good defense - like some steals on occasion.  

Vander leads the team in steals.

Look, he is MU's best on-ball defender.  If you can't see that, well, I don't know what to say.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:07:50 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
This thread is hilarious

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
I also heard that Vander's not good at responding to texts in a timely manner. Buzz should cut him!

Vander was PO'd at himself and wouldn't smack his teammate's hand. So what? He and Wilson had forgotten all about it 5 minutes later when they were celebrating the win. Perhaps the grown men on this board should follow suit.

As for Brian Kelley, Blue committed to Kelley's school and then changed his mind and went to a rival. Clearly, he's unbiased  ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2012, 03:07:52 PM »

+10000000000000

I think this is the year's winner for "grown men acting like middle-schoolers" thread of the year. And it's only January 1st!
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »
The continued argument of Vander and his very good defense gets old...I'd like to see some results from his very good defense - like some steals on occasion.  Did you like the matador defense along the baseline with 28 seconds when he let Pinkston just blow by him on the baseline for a vicious slam while the game was still in question? 

Personally, I think Vander should have reached in so that Nova could have scored points with the clock stopped. Seriously?!?!

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
So what if he didn't 5 Wilson.  I'm sure Buzz won't let that go long, and I'm sure nothing more needs to be said.  He is a competitor, and was upset at the situation.  Grow up.

Vander haters need to look at logic and data.  He plays a valuable role on this team.  Defense, rebounds, assists.  You only need 2-3 scorers on a team.  I compare Vander to Corey Brewer.  Never close to the leading scorer, but has parlayed a good all around game into a good NBA career.

Vander needs to keep developing, but so did Brewer as a sophomore.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »
Was this directed at me??  1) WTF is a "cute one?"  2) WTF is "man hate?" 3) I'm known by some here as being a fanboy and Mr. Rose colored MU Glasses.  I start a thread criticizing a player and now ironically some of you who have called me fanboy, rose colored glass, now call me out for starting a negative thread pertaining to something MU basketball?  Wow.  The irony.  And man hate? (Proper usage marqptm?)  

Not saying you're not a Warrior fan.  Saying you're a Vander hater who doesn't look at the data.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
Personally, I think Vander should have reached in so that Nova could have scored points with the clock stopped. Seriously?!?!
this made me laugh...good one.  

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

Exactly.  At that point, contesting and getting a foul called - as DJO, Gardner, Crowder ... had done - would have been foolish.

As for this thread, what an embarrassing thread.  So Vander didn't high 5 Wilson.  Big freaking deal.  He just missed two FT's.  If he came out with a smile and high fiving everyone on the bench, there would have been a thread blasting him for not taking it seriously.  People really look for any reason to b!tch and complain about Vander.  
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:18:07 PM by MUMac »

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »

You can't play both sides here. You can't claim that stats are not indicative of good defense, etc and then pull out some stats to try and prove he had a good game. He played ok on defense today. But he is really bad on offense.

About 60-70% of the time, his drives result in TOs or a poor kick out that throws a wrench in the offense. He looks like a clown on offense some times. One time he drove and the ref called a iffy blocking call and instead of going up strong, he did this wacky underhand circus shot with his right hand which hit the underside of the rim. And he again was rejected nasty in two handed fashion which is a complete momentum shifter and essentially a TO.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

Vander leads the team in steals.

Look, he is MU's best on-ball defender.  If you can't see that, well, I don't know what to say.

And as you've said many times here - DJO and Cadougan are not good on ball defenders.  The competition isn't exactly fierce for the title of MU's best on-ball defender - though Derrick Wilson in my opinion is as good as Vander, though not as versatile.

Is Vander a good defender - yes -  but the continued pointing to his defense over and over to excuse his offensive shortcomings is somewhat old.  Vander has improved A LOT over last year, no doubt..and has a lot of talent..but don't think we need to grasp at straws to defend him when he turns in some stinker gams.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »
You can't play both sides here. You can't claim that stats are not indicative of good defense, etc and then pull out some stats to try and prove he had a good game. He played ok on defense today. But he is really bad on offense.

About 60-70% of the time, his drives result in TOs or a poor kick out that throws a wrench in the offense. He looks like a clown on offense some times. One time he drove and the ref called a iffy blocking call and instead of going up strong, he did this wacky underhand circus shot with his right hand which hit the underside of the rim. And he again was rejected nasty in two handed fashion which is a complete momentum shifter and essentially a TO.

But you can make up stats and facts?   ::)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »

Wouldn't our best on the ball defender stay in front of him?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
We're all of 15 hours into the new year and we've got an odds on favorite for the stupidest most juvenile thread of the year

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
Wouldn't our best on the ball defender stay in front of him?

When you're up 7 with under :30 to play, it's more important to avoid fouling at that point. Give them 2, keep the clock running and get the ball back. It's Basketball 101.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2012, 03:24:50 PM »

Never said you and ErickJD08 are not Warrior fans.  You hate Vander, no matter how well he plays his role on this team, or how good his overall stat line is.  Does he need to be better than 3-8 from the line.  Hell yeah, but that does not detract from his overall value.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
And as you've said many times here - DJO and Cadougan are not good on ball defenders.  The competition isn't exactly fierce for the title of MU's best on-ball defender - though Derrick Wilson in my opinion is as good as Vander, though not as versatile.

Is Vander a good defender - yes -  but the continued pointing to his defense over and over to excuse his offensive shortcomings is somewhat old.  Vander has improved A LOT over last year, no doubt..and has a lot of talent..but don't think we need to grasp at straws to defend him when he turns in some stinker gams.

I said that he had poor game v. UWM and Vandy.  I said that he had a "solid" game today.  I'm not making excuses for anything.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »
this is such a stupid thread.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
But you can make up stats and facts?   ::)

I counted. It's about that.

Box scores tell so little about a performance. But you guys continue to use them. How about this? Against Wis, UW, LSU, Vandy,and Nova, that is 4 steals in 5 games against solid major conference competition. Great defense.