Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...  (Read 55001 times)

Warriors10

• All American
Re: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
I'm guessing that the posters who are hardest on Blue, like myself, have relatives at MU (or know students there) and have heard that Blue is not some reformed good kid and is still a "punk," which is what my niece and her friends refer to him as.

His play on the court is "eh" but he's much worse off the court, imo.

Your niece write the editorial?

I also like how you judge a kid you don't even know.  For example, I am going to judge that you are very incompetent at making a rational argument based on that post.  Doesn't seem right eh?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:47:43 AM by Warriors10 »

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Erik,

I think your evaluation of Vander is actually fair.

However, your reaction to Vander being a role player is what is off base.

Other than DJO and Jae, every player at MU is a role player with some big holes in his game.

It seems like you are mad at Vander for not being as good as you want him to be, and now it's gotten to the point where you take pleasure in ripping him.

When Vander misses a lay-up, you always seem to be posting about it. Todd Mayo missed a breakaway dunk, and we don't hear a peep from you.

You need to just back off the kid a little and let him develop (like you seem to do for every other player).

PS Is the bet on?

My take is that PT is a scarce commodity.  And coaches invest PT in their players.  And there is a balancing between giving players PT so that the team can win and giving PT to players so that they can develop.  In the last year and a half, there has been alot of time put in for Vander.  The kid does have a high ceiling but he isn't developing.  But for quite a few weeks, I was hoping that Buzz would start giving PT to other players in the hope that they would develop because Blue was not developing as well as he should be. 

I think it is natural for kids to start playing in the beginning of the season and look a little uncomfortable.  But as the season progresses, you see them get more comfortable and start to blossom.  You didn't see that with Blue last year.  And it wasn't happening this year.  To sum that up, I brought up JW to show a player that was looking more and more comfortable.  It really wasn't until 2 weeks ago that he got that ball in the paint 8 feet away and he felt like he should shoot.  Now he is doing it.  I am fine with Blue playing 10-15 minutes a game in a pure back up role much like JB his first year.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

tower912

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
If we still had a legitimate 8-9 man rotation, your point would have more validity.    For the most part, though, we are playing a 7 man roation with 10 minutes being split between Juan and DWilson.   So 190 minute split 7 ways.    DG 25, JWil 25, Jae 35, Junior 27, DJO 33.    That leaves 45 minutes (or more if DWil and Juan don't play or there is foul trouble)  to split between Mayo and Blue.    You simply can't have Blue only playing 10-15 minutes a game.     The last few games, JWil has picked up extra minutes.   If he continues to improve, adjustments will be made, I am sure.   The fundamental calculus is not going to change that much.   Keep running Blue out there for 25 mpg for the good of the team. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
If we still had a legitimate 8-9 man rotation, your point would have more validity.    For the most part, though, we are playing a 7 man roation with 10 minutes being split between Juan and DWilson.   So 190 minute split 7 ways.    DG 25, JWil 25, Jae 35, Junior 27, DJO 33.    That leaves 45 minutes (or more if DWil and Juan don't play or there is foul trouble)  to split between Mayo and Blue.    You simply can't have Blue only playing 10-15 minutes a game.     The last few games, JWil has picked up extra minutes.   If he continues to improve, adjustments will be made, I am sure.   The fundamental calculus is not going to change that much.   Keep running Blue out there for 25 mpg for the good of the team. 

I think Mayo should be playing around 30 minutes a game.  There is no way it should be a clean split.  There is just too big of a boost in offense and too little of a drop off in defense to warrent a split.

And I think giving minutes to Juan and Jones could have some benefits down the road come tourney time.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

JD

• All American
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
This thread is getting hilarious now.  "My niece, says Vander is a punk"
My ex girlfriend told me Jae was creepy and kept telling her that he "loved her feet"

Seriously, are we really having a discussion like this about our players?

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

PJDunn

• Team Captain
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »
This thread needs to be killed. Everytime I open up MUScoop...there it is.  Always nice to see some fine character assassination on a 19 year old kid.  Pretty sure someones idiot niece could have referred to me as a drunken punk oh so many years ago.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
This thread is getting hilarious now.  "My niece, says Vander is a punk"
My ex girlfriend told me Jae was creepy and kept telling her that he "loved her feet"

Seriously, are we really having a discussion like this about our players?

Does your ex know the difference between Jae Crowder and Rex Ryan?...thought that was his thing...
The "average fan" is an idiot.

JD

• All American
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
Does your ex know the difference between Jae Crowder and Rex Ryan?...thought that was his thing...

Apparently it goes for Jae as well.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

MU82

• All American
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »
My niece can beat up your niece. So there!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson