September 02, 2014, 01:50:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: No new posts?  Spend a few minutes updating the wiki!

Home Search Login Register   *
Resources

UDM 4
Stud of the Game

2013-14 Season SoG Tally
Gardner4
Mayo3
Otule2
Taylor2
J. Wilson2
Anderson1
Burton1
Thomas1
D. Wilson1

'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11
Big East Standings
Recent Posts
[Today at 12:21:59 AM]

by MU82
[Today at 12:01:06 AM]

[September 01, 2014, 11:57:59 PM]

[September 01, 2014, 09:36:29 PM]

[September 01, 2014, 08:43:46 PM]

[September 01, 2014, 08:28:52 PM]

[September 01, 2014, 08:25:42 PM]
Please Register - It's FREE!
The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Next up: A long offseason

Marquette

Marquette
Madness
Date/Time: Oct 11, 2014?
TV: MUTV
Wiki entry for 2013-14

17-15? Thanks, Bert.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Vander disses Derrick Wilson for a slap of 5 on bench...  (Read 17047 times)
Ners
All American

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

I'm sure others who watched saw Mike Kelly roll replay of Vander coming out of game and Wilson offering him a handshake/five..several times and Vander just ignored him...

If I'm Wilson, I pull Vander aside and tell him if I offer you a 5..several times and you blow me off 3 times...next time I'm gonna punch you in the mouth.  Which we all know Wilson could destroy Vander if it came to blows...

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013
xghostsniperx
Starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »

Vander is a punk.  Wonder what's going to change his entitled attitude.
godzilla
Scholarship Player

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »

I'm sure others who watched saw Mike Kelly roll replay of Vander coming out of game and Wilson offering him a handshake/five..several times and Vander just ignored him...

If I'm Wilson, I pull Vander aside and tell him if I offer you a 5..several times and you blow me off 3 times...next time I'm gonna punch you in the mouth.  Which we all know Wilson could destroy Vander if it came to blows...

Vander Blue has been a punk since he first came to MU.  And it wasn't like Blue didn't see Wilson holding his hand out, he kept it there for quite a while.  It was a total snub.  As I've written before, Blue is very hard to root/cheer for.
ATL MU Warrior
All American

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »

this thread is embarrasing.
Hards_Alumni
All American

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »

bring out the trolls!
godzilla
Scholarship Player

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Why?  Even the TV announcers noticed it and called Vander out for his behavior.
ATL MU Warrior
All American

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:22:52 PM »

Why?  Even the TV announcers noticed it and called Vander out for his behavior.
Seriously?  You need to have it pointed out to you?
mu89
Starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »

i can understand emotions running high and being frustrated but that snub was classless.
Ners
All American

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

Sorry...but the teammate-ship Vander showed his teammate was embarrassing. He deserves to be called out, and I'm glad the showed that sh$t on replay.  

As Buzz says, you get what you earn....want to be a dick to a teammate....be ready to read about being a dick head.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

4everwarriors
All American

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »

What happened to GTST?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"
The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »

+100.  Something done in the heat of the moment, after he misses two FTs, and this board blows up.  Honestly, I think this thread more petulance than Vander showed.  

And Vander had a good game today too.  Not great...too many TOs and missed FTs...but solid effort.

Sorry...but the teammate-ship Vander showed his teammate was embarrassing. He deserves to be called out, and I'm glad the showed that sh$t on replay. 

As Buzz says, you get what you earn....want to be a dick to a teammate....be ready to read about being a dick head.

Don't assume that someone is, or is not, a good teammate based on whether or not he "left someone hanging."  Honestly, are you guys a bunch of middle schoolers???

“I think that there’s too much sugar in the world and not enough salt." - Buzz Williams
ErickJD08
All American

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »

Blue needs to realize that if you can't put the ball in the basket, you are going to be subbed out on offense. The five star status can only buy you minutes for so long.

Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com
ATL MU Warrior
All American

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »

As I said, this thread is embarrasing
The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »

Blue needs to realize that if you can't put the ball in the basket, you are going to be subbed out on offense. The five star status can only buy you minutes for so long.

He wasn't snubbed on offense.  He was pissed that he missed the FTs....

“I think that there’s too much sugar in the world and not enough salt." - Buzz Williams
tower912
All American

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

maybe Blue was a bad teammate in that moment, but you adults are choosing to get your thongs in a bunch.

Real Warriors don't whine.
The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 03:37:22 PM »

maybe Blue was a bad teammate in that moment, but you adults are choosing to get your thongs in a bunch.

Yes....  He was "in that moment."  That the camera happened to catch.  Don't make assumptions based on that.

Ners
All American

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »

+100.  Something done in the heat of the moment, after he misses two FTs, and this board blows up.  Honestly, I think this thread more petulance than Vander showed.  

And Vander had a good game today too.  Not great...too many TOs and missed FTs...but solid effort.

Don't assume that someone is, or is not, a good teammate based on whether or not he "left someone hanging."  Honestly, are you guys a bunch of middle schoolers???
Like I said in the other thread - Some of us just aren't as big of fans of being a dickhead as you seem to be.  And since you went all "Mike Kelly said so about Gardner's conditioning" in our previous discussion...what is your reply to Mike Kelly feeling tape need to be rolled and commented about the crappy sportsmanship/teammate-ship shown by Vander?"  Is he a middle schooler too?

The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

I'm not a "fan of being a dickhead."

I'm also not a fan of making assumptions about people's behavior and relationships based on *one* moment caught on camera.

ErickJD08
All American

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »

Ha. This again? Sorry dude. If you are a complete non-factor on offense and mistake prone, you are not having a good game. He should have had more TOs. The dude continually breaks the cardinal rule of do not leave you feet unless you know what you are going to do with the ball.

Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com
The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »

Ha. This again? Sorry dude. If you are a complete non-factor on offense and mistake prone, you are not having a good game. He should have had more TOs. The dude continually breaks the cardinal rule of do not leave you feet unless you know what you are going to do with the ball.

Ha.  This again!!  Ignoring someone's defense

7 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assts, 3 TOs. 

Solid game.  Too many turnovers.

Ners
All American

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »

I'm not a "fan of being a dickhead."

I'm also not a fan of making assumptions about people's behavior and relationships based on *one* moment caught on camera.

Well...most people who aren't dickheads tend to think leaving a teammate hanging for a five is kind of a dick move.  And btw...did you see who was team leader in steals??  Gardner.  That's right.  Gardner and his crappy defense and conditioning. You take up for Vander all the time and critique Gardner..yet Gardner goes for 13 and 10 on 66% shooting..and Vander has NO steals, 3 turnovers and 7 points on 40% shooting.. EDIT (Not to mention 3 of 8 from the line)

jeffreyweee
Team Captain

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »

This is such a joke. When will people grow up? Could there possibly be anything more meaningless that we can nitpick about? This group is one of the closest I've ever seen at Marquette and Vander and Derrick were joking and "slapping of fives" after the game. Vander was unhappy with the run Nova went on to get back in the game, he came back in and had a huge block and besides one drive played great defense.

Also, who in the hell says "slap of five"? Are you 100 years old and still picking fights with 19 year old's??
The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 03:47:22 PM »

Well...most people who aren't dickheads tend to think leaving a teammate hanging for a five is kind of a dick move.  And btw...did you see who was team leader in steals??  Gardner.  That's right.  Gardner and his crappy defense and conditioning. You take up for Vander all the time and critique Gardner..yet Gardner goes for 13 and 10 on 66% shooting..and Vander has NO steals, 3 turnovers and 7 points on 40% shooting..

Steals are not a great way of determining someone's defensive contribution.  Davante had all of those in the first half.  He picked up his last foul by reaching in terribly...trying to pick up another steal.  The fact is his last three fouls were due to being out of position.  He was tired.  And he should have been.  He played a very good game.  Voted him SOTG in the other thread.

And by the way, I never once said that Gardner's defense was "crappy,"  just that he got tired.

The Sultan of Sunshine
All American

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

This is such a joke. When will people grow up? Could there possibly be anything more meaningless that we can nitpick about? This group is one of the closest I've ever seen at Marquette and Vander and Derrick were joking and "slapping of fives" after the game. Vander was unhappy with the run Nova went on to get back in the game, he came back in and had a huge block and besides one drive played great defense.

Well said.  That's right...the block was after this "incident" too.

PTM
All American

I feel the master, I feel him.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »

OMG! Did yóu guys also see when DG got the bucket while fouled and didn't slap hands with Wilson and Mayo because he was too busy saying "sheesh"?

No. You didn't because it was DG, not VB.

Seriously, you need to quit posting like a cute one and get over your man hate on VB.

TallTitan's bold prediction of Davante Gardner being drafted in 2014.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259.msg310060;topicseen#new
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: