'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why is Blue playing?  (Read 12092 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Why is Blue playing?
« on: February 09, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
I understand he is good at defense but as many turnovers that he causes, he makes more bad decisions on the offensive end.  I am not going to say he is a bust.  I actually think he will turn out to be very good at MU but why is he in the damn game with bad play after bad play on the offensive end.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Why is Blue playing?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »
That is a myth that he is so good at D. He should be on ther bench.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
You're serious?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
He is bad. It's embarrassing. I love my MU hoops, but good lord get him off the court.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »
An entire thread for this is not needed, and is kind of classless.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »

why?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »

Alright, Kip ::). The dude is playing like a 7th grader who has played basketball 5 times in his life. It's brutal.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »
why?
I just don't think its classy to start a thread questioning why a kid is playing when you could simply post this in one of the current threads about the game instead of starting a whole topic about it.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
Sure he is having a terrible offensive night, and is a definite liability when he shoots, but he is making some nice things happen tonight.  Good hustle, good drives, nice dish.  I like what I see.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
Stunningly, he's a freshman, making freshman mistakes--yes, I know that is frustrating, but that's a fact.  He's playing to try to get a concussed Butler some minutes rest. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
Sure he is having a terrible offensive night, and is a definite liability when he shoots, but he is making some nice things happen tonight.  Good hustle, good drives, nice dish.  I like what I see.

Agreed.

He was the only one looking to do anything when he was on the court with JFB, Caddy, Fulce and OTule.

Awful lineup, BTW.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »
He seems to have more confidence offensively tonight.  It's not turning into points but still nice to see.

tswiscompton

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 07:49:31 PM »
ffffffff

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »
Stunningly, he's a freshman, making freshman mistakes--yes, I know that is frustrating, but that's a fact.  He's playing to try to get a concussed Butler some minutes rest. 

I am fine with that.  I don't mind him playing.  I don't think he should be getting that many minutes.  We should be asking him to do things he is not ready to do.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
Yes, I believe it is confidence, too.  He has made mistakes and has not been pulled.  You can see he is infinitely more comfortable on the floor.  Nice to see him make a move rather than hastily get rid of the ball asap.

tswiscompton

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »
he should be fine, its a big difference from high school to the big east

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »
Yes, I believe it is confidence, too.  He has made mistakes and has not been pulled.  You can see he is infinitely more comfortable on the floor.  Nice to see him make a move rather than hastily get rid of the ball asap.

I agree 100%.  I like the confidence.  But maybe he lacked confidence because he knows he can't finish.  I don't think one basket resulted from a drive other than the dish to Jae (which was very nice).  He either blew the basket or had it swatted to the 8th row.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
I agree 100%.  I like the confidence.  But maybe he lacked confidence because he knows he can't finish.  I don't think one basket resulted from a drive other than the dish to Jae (which was very nice).  He either blew the basket or had it swatted to the 8th row.

You're right, and with a little more time and confidence those drives will be a half step deeper and he will draw a foul.  USF is long, Vander is learning.  That equals block party.  I think this will catapult him for the remainder of the season.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »
He is 1 for 10 from field and 0 for 2 from free throw.  Confidence?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
Confidence, absolutely.  Liability, absolutely.  He's showing some very nice things.  Shooting is not one of them, but the confidence to make something happen definitely is.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
While its is super frustrating, fact is that the kid is a freshman and has a ton of talent. He ain't shooting the ball well now. Neither did Dom James or McNeal for long stretches of their career. If he's having these kinds of games at this point next year then I'll start really getting concerned. Right now, gritting my teeth and taking it. Plus, Buycks is 1-15 or whatever too so I don't see what the option is.

And, if Blue isn't being aggressive, then the team is playing 4 on 5 offensively.

warriors1965

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
You're right, and with a little more time and confidence those drives will be a half step deeper and he will draw a foul.  USF is long, Vander is learning.  That equals block party.  I think this will catapult him for the remainder of the season.

Catapult, huh?

Blue does shoot his shot like a catapult...

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
He played terrible tonight, looked lost and his shot is not improving.  He baraley grazed rim on one of those freethrows, that is unnaceptable for a guard. He needs a lot of work.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »
Because he continues to bust his butt.   He is a freshman in the BEast fighting his way through.   Let's cut the freshman a little slack.    Wasn't it Al who said that the best thing about a freshman is that they become a sophomore?   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
I'm sorry, he was an absolute liability in every way tonight. I don't like to question these kids, but what was he doing with the ball tonight? I don't understand our rotation at all.

feedback