[Today at 10:56:36 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Video Anyone?  (Read 4212 times)

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
Video Anyone?
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of last night's game on DVD or a downloadable copy online?  I would gladly compensate someone if they had a good DVD of it.

greenman

• Starter
  • 4,000 MU Fans on WI. AVE after Kentucky in elite 8
Re: Video Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »
dont think last nights game is there yet, but this is a good site for MU bittorrent games. he has a lot of quality games already posted, but im not sure how many seeds/peers there are for each one.

http://muvideo.blogspot.com/
"I don't give a damn if he can't do nothing else. He can shoot, and I love the way he shoots. I don't care if he can't dribble, can't rebound, can't play defense... that kid can shoot the ball." - Tracy McGrady on Steve Novak

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
great. thank you very much!

greenman

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
no prob! ;D
"I don't give a damn if he can't do nothing else. He can shoot, and I love the way he shoots. I don't care if he can't dribble, can't rebound, can't play defense... that kid can shoot the ball." - Tracy McGrady on Steve Novak

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »
the game is up on sportbit.org

You have to make a username and then you get a confirmation email. Then you can start downloading

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
thanks. the sportbit.org copy is FLYING and very healthy.

tckmu24

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
i signed up for sportbit and it when i try to download the file it says it cannot be recognized.  what did the rest of you do to download this properly?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »
what did the rest of you do to download this properly?

I'm new to BitTorrent also, but I assume you downloaded a file with the .torrent extension.  Your PC doesn't recognize this the way it knows what a .doc or .xls is.  Downloading the BT client from www.bittorrent.com/download will solve the unrecognized file type issue.  Keep in mind that you're installing BT, which is a file-sharing application, to your PC.

Once this is done, launch the original .torrent file, and BT will start the download process.  Depending on how many peers are available to share the file, this can take quite a while.

There are undoubtedly tricks to help along the download speed that I'm not up on yet.  Anyone who has tips, feel free to jump in.

tckmu24

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
thanks for the help, but after downloading bittorrent and trying to download file, it says it can't download because of having no peers.  is that what you were referring to when you said it could take a while or am i just messing something up?  thanks again though.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »
That message would make sense if there truly was no one sharing the file, and it's my understanding that that's not uncommon.  But in this case, there appear to be plenty of peers (my download has been ongoing for five hours and is 40% complete).

My guess is that there is a firewall blocking p2p file sharing on your PC or network router.  Without knowing your setup I could only guess what to do next, but I did find the FAQs pretty informative:  http://support.bittorrent.com/cgi-bin/bittorrent.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Items 1 and 2 in particular...

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 09:49:50 PM »
Anyone using utorrent versus bittorrent?

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »
Not to get off topic, but you can buy all of the  Duke - UNC games since 1995 on iTunes for $1.99 ea.  In addition, you can subscribe to this rivalry, so whenever a new game is played it is automatically downloaded.

This is the only rivalry they offer so far, but how cool would that be to have a Warriors subscription.  ESPN, ABC and CBS all provide content on itunes, so hopefully it's in the near future.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
uTorrent v BitTorrent
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 10:08:17 PM »
BitTorrent is the name for two different things: a file-sharing protocol and a program that uses that protocol. uTorrent is just one of many programs using the bittorrent protocol. When I had a PC, I used it a lot. I preferred it to the BitTorrent client, and Azureus was too slow.

Now on a mac I use xTorrent, which is probably easier to use than uTorrent, but not as powerful (like being able to schedule times to download, or using RSS feeds to automatically download certain shows). I guess that's the tradeoff.

Nate
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 10:12:13 PM »
Who owns the rights to these games? MU? CBS/ESPN/ABC et al? NCAA?

If it was MU, you'd think it'd be pretty easy to get that stuff out there. It would only take some time and some bandwidth. Who here would volunteer? I bet we could get the project done in a week with everyone on board :)
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

greenman

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
not sure who owns the games but most of the time people use tivo or DVR to record the shows, then use their PC's to rip the show onto their hard drives, make and upload the .torrent file.

i use utorrent, and if you go on the forums and read the speed guide it tells you how to tweek your settings to get to optimal speed.

i have found that utorrent (i dont know about the bittorrent client) doesnt like working behind a wireless router, but the forums also tell you how to forward your ports correctly to get it running.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 10:52:44 PM »
i can't get it to download because it doesn't seem to be connecting to any peers, i haven't changed any settings and have been able to download the games of muvideoblogspot...can anyone help who has downloaded the game off of sportbit.org....or better yet find a way to send me the file?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
Try downloading Azureus. I was connected to something like 27 out of 30 peers. I got the whole game downloaded in 3 hours

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 06:13:48 AM »
Thanks Nate & Wade_Farve:

My first attempt with utorrent.  My download speeds varied between 13 kb/s & 30 kb/s.  Is that normal?  Anyone recommend a particular freeware out there for playback of the video?

John

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »
Anybody else with any suggestions?  My computer does not allow Azerus....and when I go with the other, cannot connect to peers...I have the box checked in #1 of Oldgym's tip in this thread...that isn't the issue.  Haven't done through #2 yet. 

Anybody with either tips for me or if anyone with a copy of the game wouldn't mind burning it for me and sending to me, I would pay for the trouble.  Thanks. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
After the season is over, I plan on burning all the 06-07 games (in AVI / XVID form) onto a DVD or two, and then offering to copy that for people.  Send me a PM with your address, and I'll put you on the list.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »
Anyone recommend a particular freeware out there for playback of the video?

www.videolan.org has a great freeware player.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of something like Windows media player but it does the job with almost all file types.  Otherwise the Divx player works very well.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »
Anybody have experience in port forwarding?  It is the only way it appears I can do it. 

im a warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »
old thread now, but does anybody have the MU/Nova game from Tuesday?

dkurszewski

• Walk-On
Where did Marquette videos go?
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »
There used to be a site at http://muvideo.blogspot.com/ that had old Marquette games on it.  Does anyone know if these moved somewhere else?