[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maurice Walker to Minnesota  (Read 7890 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Maurice Walker to Minnesota
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
One off the board, per Jeff Goodman.

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: Maurice Walker to Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »
I guess the glass half full perspective is that we do not have to face him at Pitt.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
Maurice Walker To Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
Per Jeff Goodman's Twitter. I know we weren't in his top two but figured some may be interested just based on the fact that he was once on our radar and b/c Pitt ended up losing out to Minnesota

JMcSteal

• Starter
Re: Maurice Walker To Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
hot damn

GOO

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »
Or did Pitt let him go?  Not sure, but he seems to have wanted to go to Pitt, but it doesn't sound like Pitt was making the space for him. 
Would have been nice to land him, but I wouldn't mind someone who can get up an down the floor a little faster.  He may be best off in the big ten. Still would have liked to have a skilled big man, however.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »
But but but I thought his parents' priorities were "all messed up because they wanted him to play somewhere close to home so they could see him more..."at least that was what I read on this board a few weeks ago... ::)

It was "LittleMurs" who said...

If only Walker's dad can give what's best for his son a higher priority than how long a flight he'll have to make to see him play.

Huh...shows how much people "know", or "think they know."

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:43:58 PM by GOMU1104 »

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
But but but I thought his parents' priorities were "all messed up because they wanted him to play somewhere close to home so they could see him more..."at least that was what I read on this board a few weeks ago... ::)

Let it go buddy...it's a message board.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »

It was LittleMurs. And, I didn't say that his parent's priorities were messed up, I made the point that I felt that Maurice's situation should be the number one consideration. This was based on a quote from his father that he and his wife wanted Maurice to stay within an hour's flight from Toronto for their convenience when coming to see his games.  It seemed to me at the time that a potentially better situation for Maurice should be a higher priority for them than their flight time.

As this commitment shows, they evidently now agree with me since Minnesota isn't within an hour's flight time from Toronto.  I don't want to take credit for this turn about by Maurice's parents, but we do know that that recruits and their parents do read these boards.....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:33:53 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »
The point is...you built too much of an assumption on one quote. A quote given to a writer that is based in NYC that covers teams on the east coast.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
The point is...you built too much of an assumption on one quote. A quote given to a writer that is based in NYC that covers teams on the east coast.

OK, I'll accept that.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »
Be careful now, you don't want to build too much of an assumption on one quote. A quote given to a writer that is based in NYC that covers teams on the east coast.   ;)

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »
He also said it to Rivals.com.  I think they are giving Pitt one more chance to open up a scholarship for him.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
That would make sense, as Pitt has been his fav from the start.

I may be in the minority here, but if that's the case, I hope he ends ups at Pitt.  While others might not want to face him, I want MU to be in the league where the top HS talent is ending up.

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
Would've been nice to see him in a Marquette uniform next year.

mujaxson

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 07:24:54 AM »
That would make sense, as Pitt has been his fav from the start.

I may be in the minority here, but if that's the case, I hope he ends ups at Pitt.  While others might not want to face him, I want MU to be in the league where the top HS talent is ending up.

Zagsblog (via his Twitter) says this morning that Walker for sure committed to MN and will be signing today...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
Zagsblog (via his Twitter) says this morning that Walker for sure committed to MN and will be signing today...

Good.  Better there than Pitt.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
Since HaywardsHeros isn't here to say it, I guess I'll tell Maurice; "For God's sake, stay away from the Mall of America."*

*Anyone who doesn't understand this reference should google Royce White.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:18:35 AM by LittleMurs »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 04:07:11 PM »
hahaha. Im not worried about this guy getting into trouble he sounds decent but i wanted him here to lure Cory Joseph.

Royce on the other hand has issues. I commented him last year saying i was more than willing to take him on a personal shopping spree if he helped us to a Big 10 title.....a week later....he was in on a laptop theft
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....