[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Lazar Hayward: Marquette's 27th AP All-American  (Read 13223 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Lazar Hayward: Marquette's 27th AP All-American
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-apall-americateamslist

Named to the Honorable Mention list.

Congrats to Lazar!
The General has taken on a new command.

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: Lazar Hayward: Marquette's 27th AP All-American
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »
Glad to see him get some recognition.  What a great career overall. 

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:09:12 PM »
Terrific news for Lazar.  Maybe now at least one member of the national broadcast media will refer to him by his correct last name.  I am still shocked by the number of people who called him Haywood throughout the season.  In a related All America opinion, Butler should replace Reynolds on the first team. 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »
Well deserved.  We're gonna' have a hard time replacing his leadership and his numbers.

goan

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »
Lazar:

Thank you for the wonderful 4 years at MU. We are so proud of you and the contributions you made to the MU program. And most of all is that you will get your degree.

Wish you all the best in your future

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »
Wonderful news.  Now find your way onto a NBA roster by opening day and it will be even sweeter!!

LazarHayward

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their kind words. It has been a real pleasure and honor to represent the Marquette community for the past four years. Leaving will be painful but I am eager to begin writing the new chapter. I can only hope it will be as rewarding and special as the time at Marquette! Ring out Ahoya!

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
Classy right down to the end, Lazar. To even bother to come onto a fansite to take the time to say thanks. Awesome.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »
Lazar:

Thank you for the wonderful 4 years at MU. We are so proud of you and the contributions you made to the MU program. And most of all is that you will get your degree.

Wish you all the best in your future

Ditto

He was a great player here, but i love also how he carried himself as a person in a positive manner and was a perfect role model for all the new players this year to look up to and emulate.

Hopefully he goes on to success in whatever venture life takes him whether it be the NBA or non-basketball related.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
Wow. Awesome thing to see Lazar scoopin'.  The thing I'm most going to miss about him is the energy and excitment he had on the court and even sideline. You'll see him going crazy on both of Jimmy's GW baskets. Hopefully he'll pass his energy on to one of the younger guys. Conrats and good luck Lazar, keep proving people wrong.

Also, I think its safe to say Lazar wore the headband the best of anyone!  ;)

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
I was always fond of him placing his hand over his heart during the National Anthem and always wondered who he was thinking about when he tapped his chest by his heart during FT's ... God, Mom or ... has he ever indicated?

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »
Thank you Lazar for your passion and leadership this year. It has been an honor to watch you play and represent Marquette.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
Met his dad at the BEast tourney. Can see where Lazar gets a lot of his heart and general great attitude. My son is named Travis, but I think I will miss Lazar more than any other player since I have followed them in 1980.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
Lazar!  I see you made it up to Vancouver, and got that summer internship at the real estate company you are posting from.  That's great news, in case you need a fall back job if basketball doesn't turn out to be your future.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
Lazar!  I see you made it up to Vancouver, and got that summer internship at the real estate company you are posting from.  That's great news, in case you need a fall back job if basketball doesn't turn out to be your future.

Thank you. I figured there was a 1% chance that was legit.

connie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »
Well earned!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:33 PM »

I don't know what you mean.  I'm pretty sure Lazar minored in Real Estate at Marquette, so this is totally legit!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
Lazar a "Walk-on" - lol!

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »
Yes, thank you Lazar, from hundreds of miles away in Alabama.  Early this season I would wear your jersey into the YMCA here and the other guys would ask who you were.  After the Pitt game I told them about you asking for the ball from down the ramp during warm-ups, 10 feet behind my seats, and lofting a perfect arc without breaking form that just rimmed out before laughing and running to the locker room.  Then they started to catch you here and there on ESPN games.  After flying back from San Jose I wore it to the gym and those same people all came up to me and said things like, "How great is that Lazar Hayward guy?!?!?!"  if SEC football fans had caught onto how great you are, I knew you were finally getting the recognition you deserved in every corner of the country.  You got your recognition late, but very deservedly, and I will hope to see your number called in the NBA, but know you the way you carry yourself that you will be a success for the rest of your life, not just on the court.  Sorry to hog the space, but I know we could all write a long letter on how much we will miss you!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:04 AM »
Personally, I have gone on record saying that Lazar is my favorite Marquette player of all-time.  Thank you for your four great years, Lazar.  You will be missed greatly and you truly represent what it means to be a Marquette Warrior. 

#MUBB

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 01:42:38 AM »
Personally, I have gone on record saying that Lazar is my favorite Marquette player of all-time.  Thank you for your four great years, Lazar.  You will be missed greatly and you truly represent what it means to be a Marquette Warrior. 

NEW, I absolutely echo your sentiments.   Lazar is the TRUE Warrior and I will miss that dude.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »
I want to thank everyone for their kind words. It has been a real pleasure and honor to represent the Marquette community for the past four years. Leaving will be painful but I am eager to begin writing the new chapter. I can only hope it will be as rewarding and special as the time at Marquette! Ring out Ahoya!
Thank you Lazar for all of the hard work you put in while at MU.  Thank you for representing the university and all of us alumni, in such a classy and positive way.  Thank you for being a great role model to younger people, to your teammates, to your classmates.  You are an all-time great Marquette Warrior/Golden Eagle.  Best wishes to you in your future.  I hope your NBA basketball dreams come true, and if they do, I hope you remain the person you are.  From the outside looking in, it appears you have learned all of life's lessons for success, iand those should carry over to whatever you decide to do in your life.  Stay Gold...and thank your fellow senior classmates Mo and Cooby for all of their hard work and class.  This year may have been the most memorable, enjoyable, yet heartbreaking season of Marquette basketball I've witnessed in my 25 years as a fan.  Y'all gave us a great ride, and it was so awesome to be able to look forward to watching each and every one of your games this past season.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
Thank you Lazar for all of the hard work you put in while at MU.  Thank you for representing the university and all of us alumni, in such a classy and positive way.  Thank you for being a great role model to younger people, to your teammates, to your classmates.  You are an all-time great Marquette Warrior/Golden Eagle.  Best wishes to you in your future.  I hope your NBA basketball dreams come true, and if they do, I hope you remain the person you are.  From the outside looking in, it appears you have learned all of life's lessons for success, iand those should carry over to whatever you decide to do in your life.  Stay Gold...and thank your fellow senior classmates Mo and Cooby for all of their hard work and class.  This year may have been the most memorable, enjoyable, yet heartbreaking season of Marquette basketball I've witnessed in my 25 years as a fan.  Y'all gave us a great ride, and it was so awesome to be able to look forward to watching each and every one of your games this past season.

Read mu_hilltoppers post, about 8 up  ;D

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »

lazarhayward@gmail.com ... and you gave that a 1% chance?  ;)

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
Read mu_hilltoppers post, about 8 up  ;D

I guess I didn't catch the sarcasm in his post??  Wish he would have tealed it, just to be clear.  I have no idea if MU offers a minor in Real Estate, or if Lazar was pursing an internship, etc...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback