[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Spanish O'Donnells giving respect to alumni  (Read 14288 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Spanish O'Donnells giving respect to alumni
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
How nice is that?

gratitude in 2010 ,with MU class and creativity

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
That was really...gay. But thanks, better then a lot of the prick students around here these days.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:38:07 PM »
wow.  super homo.

turk17

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
Hey, that's a great way to accept gratitude from current students.  After I make my yearly donation, I usually respond to the student thank you calls by saying "hey, you're welcome and you're super gay."

It's a bunch of students obviously having fun.  Look at their other videos and you'll see that they don't take themselves too seriously, like you guys.  Classless ass clowns.

Thanks for the shout out Spanish O'Donnell's.  You make MOST of the MU alumni and former OD residents proud.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:50:05 PM »
Hahaha....

I made it to 33 seconds, closed the window, and said to mayself "that was pretty gay." Who lasted longer?

Peoples_Republic_Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
That may have been the stupidest thing I've ever seen. If I see those guys when I'm back on campus next semester when I'm back in the states I'm DEFINITELY going to give them some crap about it. I understand it's for the University and alums in order to get them to donate money, but come on...that was bad.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
Marquette asked them to make this video. Check their other videos, especially I love college. It's better.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
Marquette asked them to make this video. Check their other videos, especially I love college. It's better.

Sounds like torture. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »
I understand that these guys are just having fun, but they have WAY too much time on their hands to be making these stupid videos. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »
I understand that these guys are just having fun, but they have WAY too much time on their hands to be making these stupid videos. 

It's either these videos or circle jerks back at OD.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »

Yeah, they should be spending their time on message boards instead. Way better use of time.
Dude, really?

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
MUSCOOP = No-fun cynics. You guys are freakin ridiculous.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
Well .. indeed, the cynicism aimed at the kid producers might be insulting .. but it sure seems probable that MU "asked them" to make the video, as it's just hard to believe that some 20 something kids would embark on that video concept.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:47:21 PM »
Well .. indeed, the cynicism aimed at the kid producers might be insulting .. but it sure seems probable that MU "asked them" to make the video, as it's just hard to believe that some 20 something kids would embark on that video concept.

No doubt. But seriously, a few kids put together something creative at the behest of the marketing department, and the douches on this board call them gay and deride a good-natured attempt at humor/entertainment (I think that was even Wes bumpin with them about halfway through). Just because all some of these dudes did in four years was waste space, they've gotta mock others for doing something proactive or different. Some things never change. It's easy to mock others for what they do in an attempt to feel better about your own laziness.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
Don't they have better things to do?

Ugh. The lip-syncing was so game-showish.

The Spanish OD's have balls just to appear in the video!!!
SS Marquette

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
That was a great video, those people who insult the Spanish O'Donnels are really lame.  They are a very talented group of kids, and their other videos are hilarious too.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
That was a great video, those people who insult the Spanish O'Donnels are really lame.  They are a very talented group of kids, and their other videos are hilarious too.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Such is the case of the Spanish O'Donnells.

I don't hate them; I just dislike their songs and videos.
SS Marquette

#MUBB

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 01:55:42 AM »
How ironic that some MU students' rendition of Chamillionaire's song "Good Morning Haters" is received with... well, a lot of hate. There's a lot of hatin goin on in here!!! 

Yes, the song is extremely gay but I don't think they did it in an attempt to boost their own street cred. They have thousands of views on YouTube so they are clearly doing something right.

That being said, probably shouldn't start anymore threads with their new vids.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:03 AM »
.. Actually, I was surprised their YouTube videos did NOT have more views.  I would figure something like that would be pretty viral on a campus, and get way more hits than 2k.  I see some have 6k .. still would think there'd be more hits..

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 08:29:28 AM »
.. Actually, I was surprised their YouTube videos did NOT have more views.  I would figure something like that would be pretty viral on a campus, and get way more hits than 2k.  I see some have 6k .. still would think there'd be more hits..

Is that like 10,000 internet dollars?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 08:30:48 AM »
Geez.

Some of you guys are haters.

I don't think I would ever do a video like this (it's just not for me), but I respect the talent and work that went into it.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »
Some people just like to  put down 18-22 yr. olds for their efforts be it musically or on the basketball court. Must make them feel better about themselves

sluggy12

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »
I have always read MUScoop because I love to read what people are saying about the team and other things MU, but I have never made an account because I never felt the need to post anything...until I read all of the bashing you are all doing to a group of 3 funny kids trying to have a good time in college. So I made an account and here is my two cents.

First of all, I am absolutely appalled that after the link was posted the immediate response was that these kids are gay. If you don't like the video, and don't think its funny, say that. In no way does having some fun making videos make these guys gay. I am a senior at Marquette and I don't know these guys personally, but they are friends of some of my friends, and they are extremely popular around campus. I don't know anyone on campus who doesn't know who they are, so I'd say they are doing pretty well at making a name for themselves around campus while doing something that is lighthearted and fun. Plus, I'm pretty sure that these guys pull in more tail in a month than most of you alums did in your Marquette career, so as for them being gay, grow up. Critique it if you don't like it, but calling something gay just because you don't like it is about as uncreative as you can get.

As for them having too much time on their hands, isn't that what college is about? Goofing off and having a good time? Lighten up and remember the fun times you had in college? I hope you did, or you were doing it wrong. Me and most of my friends work 20+ hours a week, drink 20+ hours a week, and still find plenty of time to screw around, play video games, watch movies, and make videos. If these guys have a passion for making funny videos in that spare time, so be it.

I've never been more disappointed in our alums than I am right now. The group is just 3 guys trying to have some fun in college. Lighten up, smoothen out the bunch in your panties and remember what it was like to have some fun.

LON

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
Is it solid tail, like, she's sober?

Or is it, 2:35 AM stumbling-out-of-Murphy's tail?

There is a difference.

feedback