[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: As frustrating as a loss as I can remember.....  (Read 9600 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: As frustrating as a loss as I can remember.....
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
After hitting that shot at St. Johns, Jimmy kind of disappeared down the stretch.  Believe me, I'm not blaming him, but he seemed real uncomfortable on the court the last few minutes.
Didn't he hit two game winners this season????

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
sorry, he got outcoached, again, by simply trying to slow the play, again, after getting a double digit lead, again.  there's way too much time left to turn to milk the clock type offense, especially against a team that won the Pac-10*.  did the refs seemingly let UW get away with more physical play in the 2nd half, sure did.  but that's what happens when one team appears to be playing on their heals and one is being the aggressor.  roles were reversed when MU was taking it to UW.  you look weak/timid in the face of aggressive play refs/announcers/fans aren't going to see you being fouled, just being out played by the better team.

* i know it's a down year for the Pac-10, but it's still a bcs league, and their best teams in a down year are as good or better than most mid major teams in a good year and in the same ballpark as Big East #5- 12 teams.

I can't argue with this.  UW extended their defense and we had no response for about five minutes.  Once we started to figure it out and break it down, it was a toss up game that we lost.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
29, thanks though, quit whining about the refs.
Really?  And the best thing you can do with your life at the moment is to come on another team's board and rub salt in an open wound?  I feel worse for you than I do for myself.  So, in a way, thanks. I feel a little better.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »
It's not whining if it is justifiable.  It was obvious Romar told his guys your season is on the line..you have to go all out on D..and they did..but..they also fouled the hell out of Acker..one guy asked why Cooby was handling the ball so much down the stretch..the reason..because they were bodying the hell out of Acker..and we couldn't get a call.  When you can't initiate offense, due to the other team being able to body the hell out of your point guard as soon as he crosses half court..its hard to score.  In fact they called an offensive fould against MO..in the 2nd half when the UW player was riding his body..hard..for about the 5 possession in a row..when Mo dropped his shouler on him a bit..just to get him off of him..as he'd been riding his body for 25 feet.  The officiating was a JOKE..and I hope Buzz rips it in the press conference.  BS call on Jimmy on a rebound attempt against Pondexter..where they both jump simultaneously and Jimmy is in better rebounding position..and Pondexter goes to the ground..foul..Jimmy

UW extended their defense.  We didn't respond.

Yeah, the call against Jimmy seemed odd.  But those calls happen all of the time.

DawgDentist

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
Really?  And the best thing you can do with your life at the moment is to come on another team's board and rub salt in an open wound?  I feel worse for you than I do for myself.  So, in a way, thanks. I feel a little better.

Glad I could help you need anything you can get after choking that hard.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't think I wasted 30 seconds on a Utah State forum after our first round win last year.  I guess he's well aware that their demise comes next round (unless, of course, they're allowed to molest the opposing PG again, then they might win by 2...)

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
UW was ranked #9 preseason they are very talented.  We lost the game becuase we could not rebound.
We?????? Really, are you that desparate for attention. Try the peanut butter again with your husky.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
actaully MU did respond to UW's over play unfortunately we turned the ball over 3-4 times before we did.  After that we spread the floor pretty well and drove the ball, unfortunately Acker and Cubillan both missed relatively uncontested layups off those drives.

As much as I loved Acker and Cooby's effort this year they were so severly undertalented compared to the guards of the other top BE teams.  hat coupled with the lack of a defending rebounding big man and we really struggled to defend talented teams and Washington is a s talented as any team we played all year. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
actaully MU did respond to UW's over play unfortunately we turned the ball over 3-4 times before we did.  After that we spread the floor pretty well and drove the ball, unfortunately Acker and Cubillan both missed relatively uncontested layups off those drives. 

Fair point.  But the basic point is that UW made a defensive change that we didn't figure out, and take advantage of, until we blew the entire lead.

bean

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
Glad I could help you need anything you can get after choking that hard.

That's a lot of smack talk from a fan of a team that barely won it's conference tournament which is the only reason they are not in the NIT.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
lets stop whining about the refs' and just accept the fact that buzz failed to coach at the ncaa tournament level needed to win,  total defensive collapse , and jimmy butler was as soft as butttttahhhhhhhh!!!!  matador defense and not going strong to the hoop because he is afraid of contact!

choke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     at least those of you worried about losing buzz can now rest easy.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »
Wow someone actually makes the guy who called the loss with 4 minutes left look like a great MU fan.