MUScoop > Hangin' at the Al
Tyshawn Taylor revisited
<< < (9/10) > >>
Pakuni:

--- Quote from: Freeway on January 23, 2010, 04:33:29 PM ---I think what happened in Taylor's case was that he was recruited to Marquette with the idea that either James or McNeal or both would be leaving early for the NBA. That doesn't happen.  Crean leaves for IU, giving him an excuse to decommit.  Even though he says he's really comfortable playing for Buzz, KU's backcourt leaves early coming off their NCAA win.  More instant playing time available. At KU.  Too good of an oppotunity to pass up.  In the event they do recruit over him, he's still on a perrenial national title contender and can get drafted even as a sixth man.

--- End quote ---

This.
mu-rara:
Anything going on here.  I am still not seeing TT on the floor during crunch time.
damuts222:
 On several occasions in the Texas game he drove the length of the court and put up a crazy shot. He looks uncoachable just watching him play.
Hards Alumni:
a little part of me smiles everytime I see the KU box score after a game.

Think he regrets his decision?  He'd be starting here.
TomW1365:

--- Quote from: Pakuni on January 22, 2010, 04:44:53 PM ---Tyshawn Taylor, meet Bobby Frasor.

Anyhow, if he's happier getting limited PT at Kansas than a starring role at Marquette or somewhere else, there's nothing wrong with that. Bobby Frasor was smart enough to know he'd be recruited over at UNC, and he went there anyhow because it was a "dream" school.
That said, Taylor comes off at best as being pretty naive if he believed he was a lock to be a four-year starter and primary option at KU.

--- End quote ---

Most schools will "recruit over" players... In Bobby and UNC's case, it's a good thing they did continue to recruit at a high level... Bobby got hurt a few times and Ty Lawson was one hell of a PG that they couldn't pass on.  Bobby won a National Championship, Marquette got Dominic James instead.  I think that worked out for everyone... except me.  Would have been cool to have my neighbor playing for Marquette!

As it relates to Tyshawn Taylor, I would take him again in a heartbeat.  It would have been nice to have him this year.  I don't think we would have seen Acker rejoin the program if we still had that "point planker"...  but thank God Acker has stepped up this year... makes the Taylor de-commitment sting less.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version