Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Goodman: MARQUETTE FRESHMAN CADOUGAN CLEARED; BUZZ NOT SURE IF AND WHEN HE'LL PL  (Read 31544 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
I'll go out on a limb.  If Buzz activates him, JC's going to make those of you who say he shouldn't have his redshirt removed think Buzz is a genius.

How do I know? That's me.  Mr. Vegas.  Roll the dice and come up big.  Actually, I'm like most of the rest of you.  Pure speculation and hope.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
McNeal could not have played with a broken thumb. He had also played the entire season. Mbakwe torched an entire year's eligibility by returning for a small portion of the season, getting little playing time in the process. It was absurd to activate him.

Based on what happened, looks like the only way we were going to get 8 to 10 games out of Mbakwe in his career was to activate him.  Perhaps the staff knew this.  I believe Buzz was on that staff as well.

McNeal says he could have played, bad thumb and all.  Guess we'll never know the true answers to either question.

mileskishnish72

• All American
If he can be effective against the kind of DePaul defense that limited MU to 6 hoops in the second half, suit him up!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
I have a feeling he'll play today. That is based on nothing BTW.

Nukem2

• All American
I have a feeling he'll play today. That is based on nothing BTW.
If Junior's going to play this season, it will have to be sooner than later. Though, the SU game is not a real good situation for the first game of his college career (after one week of probably limited practice).

Lennys Tap

• All American
Based on what happened, looks like the only way we were going to get 8 to 10 games out of Mbakwe in his career was to activate him.  Perhaps the staff knew this.  I believe Buzz was on that staff as well.

McNeal says he could have played, bad thumb and all.  Guess we'll never know the true answers to either question.

I TOTALLY agree with with your assertions in paragraph 1, minus the "looks like" and the "Perhaps". That's why saying that TC left Mbakwe behind for Buzz or that Trevor "wanted to play for Crean but not for Buzz" is so unfair and disingenuous.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I TOTALLY agree with with your assertions in paragraph 1, minus the "looks like" and the "Perhaps". That's why saying that TC left Mbakwe behind for Buzz or that Trevor "wanted to play for Crean but not for Buzz" is so unfair and disingenuous.

Perhaps, but it begs two questions.

1)  Why did he wait until August to transfer

2)  Why was Buzz so shocked at the trasfer

feedback