[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What Concerns Me Most about the Maymon Deal  (Read 11507 times)

bma725

• All American
Re: What Concerns Me Most about the Maymon Deal
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »
Supposedly this is when Buzz can talk about all this....who knows.  Maybe it's an artificial deadline.

You of all people should know better than that.  Thursday is media availability day, has been all year.

77champs

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »
Hope its not Buzz making a point in the press.  Threaten this yes but not actually do it and during finals week.   Large gamble if he really wants the kid to stay.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »
The kid ain't staying. What don't people get about that? His announcement coincides with the end of the semester. Jeronne will be eligible 2nd semester next season at his next destination.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
My impression of Buzz is that he will not put up with anything that embarrasses the University. I do not think the problem is Jerone, it is with his father. I have to believe, if the the story is true about Tim Maymon flipping off the Badger fans before the game, that Buzz would have called Tim Maymon out on it after the game. I believe Tim Maymon's response is to take Jerone and go elsewhere. It is going to turn messy, because Tim will publically blame Buzz instead of realizing or admitting he is the problem. I would not expect Buzz to take Jerone back, if there was a change of heart in the Maymon camp.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
It is going to turn messy, because Tim will publically blame Buzz instead of realizing or admitting he is the problem.

I agree with your assesment, and that's fine by me. People who choose to buy into Tim Maymon's version of things are not necessarily people I would want MU to concern themselves with anyway.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
One thing being lost in most of these posts is the fact that what's been reported so far is that Jeronne "has decided to leave the program."
In other words, he quit.
Unless the university is playing it cute with their choice of words, this was Maymon's decision, not Buzz's.

So perhaps some of you are being somewhat less than fair when questioning Buzz's actions here, suggesting he's being unprofessional, playing mind games, etc. Maybe Buzz played a Jedi mind trick on Maymon to make him quit. Barring that, it appears this was Maymon's doing.

i agree with Pakuni...people say why has Buzz not used conventioanl tactics preceeding this. How the hell does anyone know what buzz has done heretofore?

Second of all if a player walks out of practice say gets dressed and leaves or if that player handled it diffeently say he goes into the coaches office and in a dignigied manner tells the coach he is quitting...how is the coach then playing a mind game with the kid?  And if anyone beleives there has been no smoke before this fire then you are really dumb?  I am not saying we as observes should have seen this jesture or that that would have signaled all this I am simply saying any one that has ever played for a team  knows there are typically 1-2-3 type of instances, issues, etc.  before a player quits actually quits.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »

Unless the university is playing it cute with their choice of words, this was Maymon's decision, not Buzz's.

Regardless of what actually happened, I am 100% comfortable saying this is the result of Maymon's actions. Whether he walked into the office and uttered the words, or stepped out of line, missed practice, took drugs, skipped class, slept with Buzz's wife...whatever, he made the decision(s) that led to this, perhaps with the help of his father.

Entirely possible Buzz gave him a push through the door, but let's all understand that Jeronne is the one who opened it in the first place.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
My guess is jerrone is really struggling with this year so far.  He is too young and immature to realize how much better he a nad the team will be next year.  As Al said, "the best thing about Freshman is they become sophomres", Al  knew that we know that but tell it too a 18 year old kid that is coming off a state titel and 2 player of the year awards.  He is living a nightmare.

My guess sis this is not the first time Jerrone has "quit" and my guess is Buzz has had enough and by issuing a press release he is saying "if you want to quit then let's make it for real cuase people dont just quit around here like no big deal".  sort of a boy who cried wolf deal.

If that is the case, then Buzz is really not the coach I would want for my basketball team.  This would be incredibly pathetic.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »

If that is the case, then Buzz is really not the coach I would want for my basketball team.  This would be incredibly pathetic.

northern wind blows free
willows bend in the strong breeze
dead leaves fly away

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
northern wind blows free
dead leaves fly away

What is with these odd poem things?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »
Entered as an eagle
left like a kitten
now just a fart in the wind
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »
Quiet office
Haikus hilarious
Everyone looking at me

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »
A quick press release
hasty decision by Buzz?
want the full story!
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »
northern wind blows free
dead leaves fly away

Such a large file
It must have been very important
But now it is gone
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »
a warrior in the past
a golden chicken laid an egg
eagle in the past
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:48:09 AM by Curtis Loew »
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
What concerns me most is if the Wisconsin HS coaches believe that Buzz is the sort to over-promise a kid in order to get them on campus.

If Buzz can't build that trust in WI and Chicago, MU will be in trouble.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »
What concerns me most is if the Wisconsin HS coaches believe that Buzz is the sort to over-promise a kid in order to get them on campus.

If Buzz can't build that trust in WI and Chicago, MU will be in trouble.

Chicago yes, WI no.

Let's be honest, the talent in WI isn't worth a damn outside of Milwaukee and Madison. Just make sure the reputation is fine in those places. But with how national the recruiting base is, WI doesn't worry me all that much.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Chicago yes, WI no.

Let's be honest, the talent in WI isn't worth a damn outside of Milwaukee and Madison. Just make sure the reputation is fine in those places. But with how national the recruiting base is, WI doesn't worry me all that much.

well considering the talent coming through just madison memorial the next few years, i would say it is a very big deal how the situation with maymon, and also vander, shakes out
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »
And perhaps Buzz is anticipating that this will not reflect well on MU when Tim Maymon hits a microphone - so maybe he is trying to head it off a bit.

Bottom line is it appears as though JM quit.  We may never have the entire truth on this one.  But I am certain we will hear some negative diatribes vs/ MU in the next few days.  This is what concerns me most, and how we handle that will be key.

Fulce and Erik - the floor is yours.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »
You of all people should know better than that.  Thursday is media availability day, has been all year.

Actually, didn't know that.  I was never on the SID side of the house.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »
I have a fever.
And the only prescription:
Haiku marathon.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »
The kid ain't staying. What don't people get about that? His announcement coincides with the end of the semester. Jeronne will be eligible 2nd semester next season at his next destination.

I can't wait to see where this kid ends up.  He's probably radioactive because of the father it seems.  The best thing for him is probably to go 2000 miles away where the dad isn't anywhere near him.  But again, this isn't a surprise since most people here knew the baggage 18 months ago.

Feel sorry for Buzz that he had to deal with it.  If it's all true, I'm also sure he'd love to clear the air but really can't because of the sensitivities that will be involved.  Tough spot for Buzz

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
Quiet office
Haikus hilarious
Everyone looking at me

not a haiku man
you need to learn proper form
five seven five dude

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »
exquisite rhyming
disturbs the afternoon calm
dreary workaday

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2009, 12:55:57 AM »
one shouldn't yet expect an 18-year-old to be a professional about such things. 

Remind me again when it became OK for a person to abandon his responsibilities just because he's 18 years old? 

feedback