[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Aaron Bowen decommits from MU  (Read 22413 times)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Aaron Bowen decommits from MU
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:20:38 PM »
Aeron Bowen has allegedly opened up his recruitment?  Maybe he wasn't too happy that MU recruited over him already with Jones?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:17:05 PM by mu_hilltopper »

tower912

• All American
Re: time to update the Recruiting info?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
Good luck, Aaron.   Find the right fit for you.    MU fans, let us NOT behave like the trolls to the west.      ......and one other thing.    This is why Buzz can never stop recruiting and can't be afraid of oversigning.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:31:56 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
This has been rumored ever since Layer left and Bowen said he wasn't sure where he stood with MU.  He ended up staying then, but it may have been only a matter of time.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:01 PM »
Too bad if true. Outside of the Jones commitment maybe it was some of the Blue stuff and it sounds like we are in on a lot of guards. Although that might be due to hearing he might decommit. Either way hopefully we are still in the running and he ends up choosing MU since he sounded like he would be a great addition. One of the dangers of an early commitment.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
I don't begrudge him for wanting to do his due diligence.  This is a big life choice with an overwhelming number of options.  Hopefully, at the end of his process, he decides that MU is still the right place for him :)

teddycoke

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
kid needs to do what is best for him...hopefully he does choose to come to back to us.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »
When Bowen committed he was not that highly ranked. Just as Collins whiffed on Roseboro evidently Layer "scooped" the major players on Bowen. Dale's departure, Bowen's stock rising and geography are conspiring against MU. Hope Buzz can step in and save the day. If not, he appears to be a man who has a plan B (and a C and D) at the ready.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
Where is this coming from?  Speculation?  Or is this documented somewhere that he is, in fact, de-committing?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »
Where is this coming from?  Speculation?  Or is this documented somewhere that he is, in fact, de-committing?

IWB confirmed it

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
Premium Scout board, graciously moved to the free board, quoting Aaron's AAU coach
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

teddycoke

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
Bowen opens it up

Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting

Since the beginning of the travel circuit this spring, there have been rumors of Rivals150 prospect Aaron Bowen decommitting from Marquette. On Thursday those rumors became a reality.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
Sixteen months in, the way I describe Buzz' tenure to present is scattered -- we are all over the fracking place.

I wrote this last week in reference to the Mo Acker reinstatement and I'd like to double down on that today. Good luck to Bowen in his future which I think lies in the SEC.

With the last guy we expected roster shuffle -- but only in April/May. With Buzz, it seems we will get roster movement in any of the 12 months. At least there are no dead periods  :).

It connects the dots with Vander Blue at the camp and listing MU in his final five options. He's the prospect that needs to take Bowen's place if only for my sanity and to quell my questions.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 03:12:32 PM »
Sixteen months in, the way I describe Buzz' tenure to present is scattered -- we are all over the fracking place.

I wrote this last week in reference to the Mo Acker reinstatement and I'd like to double down on that today. Good luck to Bowen in his future which I think lies in the SEC.

With the last guy we expected roster shuffle -- but only in April/May. With Buzz, it seems we will get roster movement in any of the 12 months. At least there are no dead periods  :).

It connects the dots with Vander Blue at the camp and listing MU in his final five options. He's the prospect that needs to take Bowen's place if only for my sanity and to quell my questions.

+1, perfectly said.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 03:32:32 PM »
Not only did Bowen decomit, but 2 other guard prospects recently said that MU is no longer interested/they are no longer interested in MU.

I don't want to get to ahead of myself, but I think things are pointing to MU signing a very good guard in the 2010 class.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
Goodbye Aaron, hello Vander Blue or Doron Lamb.  Please.

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
How highly rated is Jamail Jones?  Is he a similar play to Bowen?

Aaron Bowen was a top 75 player. (I think according to Scout but don't quote me)

I don't know what to make of this - I rather have players that want to be here but if he wants to rethink things then its not a big deal since I don't think we are hedging the recruiting class on this kid.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »

Aaron Bowen was a top 75 player. (I think according to Scout but don't quote me)

New Scout 2010 Rankings come out tomorrow.  I expect Jones to be rated higher.

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »

I don't know what to make of this - I rather have players that want to be here but if he wants to rethink things then its not a big deal since I don't think we are hedging the recruiting class on this kid.

I remeber early in the summer that Jones was ranked 64 by ESPN.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »
Buzz cooled on him.
He isn't tough enough for the Big East.
His parents are a problem.

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Bowen decommits from MU
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »
Bowen decommits from MU

Aaron Bowen, the first player to orally commit to MU's 2010-'11 recruiting class, has decided to re-open his recruiting. Bowen's father, Tony, informed coach Buzz Williams of his son's decision in a phone call Thursday morning.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/57016062.html

bma725

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 04:34:08 PM »

Bowen is only ranked by Bob Gibbons right now.   Rivals moved him out of the Top 100, ESPN, HoopScoop and HoopMasters never ranked him...of course I'm not counting Scout since they update tomorrow.

Jones is #61 on ESPN and #65 on Rivals.

sellit07

• Walk-On
Re: Aaron Bowen decommits from MU
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
Well it really sucks that he decommitted but it just means we need to try hard to get Vander Blue and either Maurice Walker or Carson Desrosiers. If we could get some sort of a combination of those 3 then our 2010 class could be as good if not better than this year's class.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »
Good luck and goodbye, Aaron.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

You are obviously a Marquette hater and especially a Buzz hater.  You should be terminated from this board.
--Sincerely, Mr. Hayward

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »
All the best to Aaron Bowen if he decides to not stay with us.

On another note, was it already made aware that the No. 3 PG (2010) Cory Joseph has set up an in-house visit with Marquette according to his mom. We are definitely a long-long shot but still nice to see he is considering us. The list already has Texas and Florida on it and is probably going to add Kansas, UCONN, Villanova, UNLV, and Arizona.

Fingers crossed.

feedback