Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cadougan - a new man  (Read 5247 times)

AZWarrior

• All American
Cadougan - a new man
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
From Dodds over on the other site:

I saw Cadougan on campus..and I did not recognize him...he has lost at least 20 lbs..and he now looks like Jerry Smith...those days of being compared to wide body PGs like Lavance Fields are over...I am interested to see how much quicker he is at the lower weight.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:40:54 PM by AZWarrior »
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Cadoogan - a new man
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »
/channeling my best Jay Bee impression

Cadoogan is a different player - one who has not been mentioned along with Marquette.  I think you mean Cadougan.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
err....Cadougan, then.  I stand erected.   ::)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

reinko

• All American
Re: Cadougan - a new man
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:12 PM »
So in a course of a week, MU shedded my  two biggest annoying  stereotypes; ginger kids and fat point guards.

Woo Hoo!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
/channeling my best Jay Bee impression

Cadoogan is a different player - one who has not been mentioned along with Marquette.  I think you mean Cadougan.

Hey Skat.. that's pretty good for a computer engineering guy in his late 20's that plays Dungeons and Dragons for fun.  This misspelling of Cadougan, as shockingly horrible as it is, is not at all analogous to the Kahlil deal.  

At any rate, good to hear the kid is looking healthy.  I do recall reading something recently that said that Todd Smith hadn't gotten his hands on Junior or Yous during their first week on campus... sounds a little strange.  These two are probably the ones I would most want Toddler working with.

PS - I believe Mo Acker will be the starting PG for our first regular season game of the year.

PPS - I'm surprised anyone is on this message board today - it's time to get ready *** 4 *** some football!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:39:04 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »
 Hey Skat.. that's pretty good for a computer engineering guy in his late 20's that plays Dungeons and Dragons for fun.  This misspelling of Cadougan, as shockingly horrible as it is, is not at all analogous to the Kahlil deal.  

Is this supposed to be serious?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
  This misspelling of Cadougan, as shockingly horrible as it is, is not at all analogous to the Kahlil deal. 

You're right.  Transposing two letters is significantly worse than flipping a single letter.

I apologize for not having my "when to act like a douche" radar tuned as finely as yours  ::)

And did you seriously just try to make fun of me for digging up info on me for being smart?  Not bad for a 34 year old wannabe DJ .

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »

At any rate, good to hear the kid is looking healthy.  I do recall reading something recently that said that Todd Smith hadn't gotten his hands on Junior or Yous during their first week on campus... sounds a little strange.  These two are probably the ones I would most want Toddler working with.

PS - I believe Mo Acker will be the starting PG for our first regular season game of the year.

PPS - I'm surprised anyone is on this message board today - it's time to get ready *** 4 *** some football!!
Please define consensus.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »
Jay Bee is your goal to be the biggest Troll of this entire board or just verbally assault ever person who is on it?
Da Bulls

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
stop feeding him ffs.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »
Talk about Cadougan, or this thread is locked.

Nobody wants to read this BS.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
Barring injury or an outbreak of Swine Flu that wipes out most of our roster, there's no flipping way Acker starts our first game...or any other game, for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:22:42 PM by Boone »

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »
Barring injury or an outbreak of Swine Flu that wipes out most of our roster, there's no flipping way Acker starts our first game!

I beg to differ, Acker has too much experience for there to be no way for him to start our first game.  Now, at the same time, I'm not saying that its set in stone that he will, as I have not seen any of the incoming players on the court yet.  Let's wait until Marquette Madness to get at least some feel for these new guys before we start writing someone off as not being able to start.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
I have to agree with Boone, the upside to Jr in height advantage is enough to start him. 
Da Bulls

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »
I beg to differ, Acker has too much experience for there to be no way for him to start our first game.  Now, at the same time, I'm not saying that its set in stone that he will, as I have not seen any of the incoming players on the court yet.  Let's wait until Marquette Madness to get at least some feel for these new guys before we start writing someone off as not being able to start.

Talent means more than experience.  Junior is simply a better player no matter how much experience Mo has.  (Well...he better have more experience...)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »

Talent means more than experience.  Junior is simply a better player no matter how much experience Mo has.  (Well...he better have more experience...)

exactly would you rather have oden as afreshman or clausen as a senior and the analogies can go on forever.   Mo will be a huge asstt to our team...he will be a 22 year old 5th year senior, he will be a leader, etc. 

However,he will be less talented than 3 of our incoming guards...he is a mid major guard Crean brought him in to backup DJ or for a contingency in case DJ went pro while he tried to bring in another PG.  If Shumpert or Taylor commit/show up Mo would have never played last year.  Simply not good enough to play in the BE....we simply fell off the table last year when we lost DJ because we went for a BE caliber PG to a none Be caliber PG. 

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »
Just chiming in:
1.  Really glad that Cadougan has slimmed down, hopefully this will make him real quick off the dribble.  His playing well is VITAL this year.
2.  I think he starts immediately, he has enough time to learn the system, and he's clearly Buzz's guy.  Acker can contribute off the bench, just like he always has. 

feedback