November 21, 2014, 12:49:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Let's go, Warriors.

Home Search Login Register   *
Resources

UDM 4
Stud of OSU Game
No stud when we lose.
2014-15 Season SoG Tally
Johnson1

'13-14 * '12-13
'11-12 * '10-11
Big East Standings
Recent Posts
[Today at 12:47:08 PM]

[Today at 12:46:28 PM]

[Today at 12:44:01 PM]

[Today at 12:43:23 PM]

[Today at 12:07:19 PM]

[Today at 11:51:02 AM]

[Today at 11:40:52 AM]
Please Register - It's FREE!
The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Next up: Nebraska-Omaha

Marquette

Marquette vs
Nebraska-Omaha
Date/Time: Sat Nov 22, 1:30pm
TV: FS2
Wiki entry for 2014-15

OSU

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buzz on 1250am this morning...  (Read 3477 times)
Niv Berkowitz
All American

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »

Highlights from what I recall hearing:

- Jerel's been playing awesome at the workouts. Can't predict where he'll get drafted.
- Wes has done more than anyone the last year to improve his standing. Thinks his size could be the thing that puts him over with some teams.
- Dom has had to deal w/mental recovery from foot, not just physical. Starting out behind because of it, but has had good workouts as well.
- 99% of all conversations he's had w/NBA teams about the players isn't about hoops ability. It's about friends, family, grades, support group, leadership qualities. Basically, how the kids are as people. They already know the talent they possess

Regarding the current team:

- having Bucyks on campus has been a huge addition
- Otule is the most improved returning player so far. Said he's really put the work in and gotten better

Chili
All American

Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:04:16 AM »

Here is the audio:

http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/doug/061209_Williams.mp3

But I like to throw handfuls...
4thAndState
Starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:06:19 AM »

Highlights from what I recall hearing:

- Jerel's been playing awesome at the workouts. Can't predict where he'll get drafted.
- Wes has done more than anyone the last year to improve his standing. Thinks his size could be the thing that puts him over with some teams.
- Dom has had to deal w/mental recovery from foot, not just physical. Starting out behind because of it, but has had good workouts as well.
- 99% of all conversations he's had w/NBA teams about the players isn't about hoops ability. It's about friends, family, grades, support group, leadership qualities. Basically, how the kids are as people. They already know the talent they possess

Regarding the current team:

- having Bucyks on campus has been a huge addition
- Otule is the most improved returning player so far. Said he's really put the work in and gotten better

This last comment is good to hear. Buzz is a straight shooter. He would not give Otule the props unless they were deserved. I also like the fact that he's on campus working this summer with teammates.
Strokin 3s
Team Captain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »

I heard the interview this morning as well, and couldn't help to think that I hope O'tule has improved the most partly because we need him, but also because coming from where he was at basketball wise he had some of the most room for improvement.  It will be nice to see where this improvement puts him at skill wise.
HoopsMalone
All American

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »

Otule's improvement is great to hear.  Now, hopefully he will not be Mbakwe and be a big man who improves after an injury ridden freshman year only to leave campus.
Henry Ellenson's Bucket Hat
All American

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »

Won't happen. Otule's a Buzz boy.

"I like players who order their food with a number.  'I'd like a number 2, combo meal number 2.'"
Coach Buzz Williams
Golden Avalanche
All American

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:24:41 AM »

Sorry to throw water on the fire but why wouldn't Otule be the most improved returning player?

We already know what we got in Hayward, Acker, Cubillan and to a lesser degree Butler. Joe Fulce is on crutches. That's all we have returning.

Considering all that he lost due to injury, Otule provided the least last season. Most anything of note would be an improvement.
Strokin 3s
Team Captain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

I think we are on the same page GA
Murffieus
All American

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »

Not surprising that otule looks better, as who is there anywhere near his size to line up with him in pick up games.

Needs to upgrade his quickness and court saavy more than anything-----his mechanics are decent.
ErickJD08
All American

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

Sorry to throw water on the fire but why wouldn't Otule be the most improved returning player?

We already know what we got in Hayward, Acker, Cubillan and to a lesser degree Butler. Joe Fulce is on crutches. That's all we have returning.

Considering all that he lost due to injury, Otule provided the least last season. Most anything of note would be an improvement.

Buzz is not the type to say something to give his players warm fuzzies.  (just pick a press conference last season, he was brutally honest)  I will reiterate something already said.  Buzz would not have said it unless he was actually playing better.  Great to hear.

Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com
wardle2wade2ellenson
All American

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »

Buzz is not the type to say something to give his players warm fuzzies.  (just pick a press conference last season, he was brutally honest)  I will reiterate something already said.  Buzz would not have said it unless he was actually playing better.  Great to hear.

Agreed... Buzz calls a spade a spade.  Last year he called Otule "pathetic" after he returned from his foot injury, whereas he could have said "he's a bit rusty now, but we know he'll improve."  For that reason, I think that CO's improvement would have to be notable if he mentioned it.  If so, that would be great for this group.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: