collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North  (Read 31882 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
NFC North
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:34:37 AM »
Does anyone want to win this division? 

Not looking good for the Vikes with the Williams twins out.
Bears suck, all except for Matt Forte
Packers suck
Lions, obviously suck.

Maybe Tampa can file an injunction to get back into the NFC north.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: NFC North
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »
Does anyone want to win this division? 

Not looking good for the Vikes with the Williams twins out.

Maybe Tampa can file an injunction to get back into the NFC north.

Typical Minnesota cheaters.  They should replay Sunday night's game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »
Green Bay will win the division.

write it down.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
Green Bay will win the division.

write it down.

I was thinkin' the same thing....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »
It is truly scary the Lions weren't eliminated until week 10.   They are going to be the first 0-16 team in history.   As a lifelong fan, I say that with some relish, because if you are going to do something, commit to it.   If you are going to truly stink, don't dabble at 8-8, 5-11, whatever.    Suck huge!!!!!!!   Make history.   Be known forever!    Get us a real freaking GM and bring back Mariucci!!!!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
will come down to the last game if they do.

LON

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
With Minnesota down about 9,000 pounds on the front 4, I don't see that D stopping anyone.  They also just lost Robison for a few weeks as well.

That being said, Green Bay just keeps finding ways to lose; it's infuriating.

The Bears still have Kyle Orton at QB.

So, I think that it should just be 2 conferences: AFC and NFC.  Top 6 get in from both.  Get rid of the insanely awful NFC/AFC West divisions.  And please, no one try to convince me Arizona is any good.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
Green Bay will have a real tough time winning this division. If you know how the tiebreakers work, the only game that will give the Packers a shot at winning the North is by beating the Bears. The Packers lose badly on the tiebreaker involving common opponents. Division record does come before common opponents, and the Packers would beat the Vikings there with a win over the Bears and Lions. Only problem is the Vikings would have to lose two of their last four.

I personally think the Bears are done for. I think the Vikings find a way to go 3-1 down the stretch, even minus the Williams'.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:50:24 PM »
I will eat my shoe if the Vikes go 3-1 against:

Detroit (W)
Arizona (L)
Atlanta (L)
NY Giants (L, though they may be resting everyone at this point)

Green Bay on the other hand has to play

Houston (5-7)
Jacksonville, the disappointment of the year at (4-8)
Chicago (6-6)
Detroit (0-12)

I'd say the smart money is on Green Bay.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:52:38 PM by Hards_Alumni »

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »
get ready for a rubber feast

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
really? Minnesota without a defense?

In 4 weeks a lot of people will realize how important those two big brickhouse lineman are, and how impossible they are to replace.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
Sorry, but I wouldn't write off Chicago.

Schedule:
v Jacksonville "disappointment of the year at" of course a lot of Charger fans might fight you for that one.
v New Orleans
v Green Bay
@ Houston
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »
Here is what I find amusing.  The Packers, Bears and Vikings each sent out playoff ticket requests to season tickets holders this week.  How often does that happen in a four team division?
Ludum habemus.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
I am guessing the same thing is going on in the AFC east & NFC South.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
Packers and Aaron Rodgers blow.

Bears suck and at best will tie Minnesota at 9-7.

Minnesota will beat Detroit and win one other game.  The victory over Detroit and a tie at 9-7 with Chicago gives the Vikings the tiebreaker nod.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!  Jimmy Kennedy (DT) signed today - watch for a big day from him, *IF* the Williams-boys don't play.

Jared Allen is unstoppable either way.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »
Allen is playing well, even with his partially separated shoulder.  He is also working on a sweet mullet.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:37 PM »
The Bears want $248 from me by next Monday for playoff tickets. I said "thanks, but no thanks".

Realistically, the Pack will split their remaining four games. Going to Jacksonville and Chicago are not going to be easy at all, even Houston this week is going to be very tough at home. If I were a Packers fan, I'd be rooting for the Lions to win once before they come to Lambeau in Week 17 as well.

There's no way the smart money is on Green Bay, they're easily the biggest risk on the board. If they lose at Chicago, their essentially done for (and that's if the Vikes go 2-2 down the stretch).

If both the Packers and Vikings are tied with the same record, and Green Bay loses at Chicago, all the tiebreakers go to the Vikings based on common opponents.

Of the 3 teams left, Green Bay needs a ton of breaks. That doesn't even include what the Bears do. Bears/Packers tiebreaker will come down to if the Bears beat Jacksonville this week and New Orleans next week (or a Packers loss this week to the Texans). Packers need a ton of luck, they're the most screwed of the three teams.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
Allen's great... worth every penny.

Anyone else hear him Sunday night... name and school.. "Jared Allen.. Culinary Academy"

I think it was about two years ago.. same type of thing.. "Jared Allen... Home school.  Thanks, mom!!"
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »

Bears suck and at best will tie Minnesota at 9-7.

Minnesota will beat Detroit and win one other game.  The victory over Detroit and a tie at 9-7 with Chicago gives the Vikings the tiebreaker nod.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!  Jimmy Kennedy (DT) signed today - watch for a big day from him, *IF* the Williams-boys don't play.

Jared Allen is unstoppable either way.

So the Vikings finish 9-7. Fair enough. If they Bears are to tie, that means they go 3-1 the rest of the way, losing to the Packers, who run the table. This results in a 3-way tie atop the division, resulting in a Packers division championship.

And as for the "unstoppable" Jared Allen, he's been shut out twice by Chad Clifton in 3 tries (including last year with the Chiefs).

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »
Do you guys really believe the Pack is going to run the table? I'm all for sippin the Kool Aid, but they're 5-7 for a reason. I certainly don't think the Bears are even close to running the table, and their schedule is just as favorable as the Pack's (probably moreso with 3 home games).

Houston (even in Lambeau) is a horrible match up for the Packers. Discount the game against Chicago, and the Packers have averaged 38 ppg given up on defense in their last three games outside Chicago.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »
The Pack have not been able to close/finish games this year, which has been very frustrating.  Their defense has looked horrible for most of the season and their run game has been lousy for the most part. 

However, if they go 3-1 (with the loss not coming to either Chi or Det) I think they might squeak in if the loss of the Williams' has as big of an effect as a lot of people seem to think and Minn falters down the stretch.  I think the Bears will end up splitting the home games with two underperforming squads in Jac and NO.

So much can change week to week in the NFL though.  On Monday the Packers could be looking pretty good or they could bascially be out of it.  If I was to bet; I think they'll all go 2-2 down the stretch and the standings will be the same as they are today.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
Do you guys really believe the Pack is going to run the table? I'm all for sippin the Kool Aid, but they're 5-7 for a reason. I certainly don't think the Bears are even close to running the table, and their schedule is just as favorable as the Pack's (probably moreso with 3 home games).

Houston (even in Lambeau) is a horrible match up for the Packers. Discount the game against Chicago, and the Packers have averaged 38 ppg given up on defense in their last three games outside Chicago.

Do I expect them to run the table? No. Can they? Absolutely. I firmly believe the Packers are better than Houston, Jacksonville, Chicago and Detroit.

I also believe (and here's where I really sound like a homer) that the Packers are better than their 5-7 record, as indicated by their four losses by 4 points or fewer. I know, I know--coulda, woulda, shoulda...

But I don't think the Packers are at all out of it, as seems to be the popular opinion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »
HAH!  Name a quarterback who can come CLOSE to touching Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North.  The Packers have a bad record and haven't played well in many winnable games, but you can't put any blame on Rodgers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LON

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »
HAH!  Name a quarterback who can come CLOSE to touching Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North.  The Packers have a bad record and haven't played well in many winnable games, but you can't put any blame on Rodgers.

+1

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 12:18:23 AM »

Amen. Those (like Terry Bradshaw and Tony Kornheiser) who claim(ed) that the Packers would have a better record with Favre at the helm haven't been paying attention.

feedback