[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UWM Game  (Read 9154 times)

New Era Warriors

• Starter
UWM Game
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
Everyone on this board who has tickets for this game better get to the Bradley Center and get rowdy Saturday Night! Who's in?? I sure am and I'll be in the student section...the student section will be very packed this saturday night so the rest of you better get to your respectable seats and get ready to Ring Out Ahoya! 

MUBasketball

• All American
Re: UWM Game
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:55 PM »
Should be a fun game. Anybody who says they prefer not playing UWM is silly. There will be a lot of excitement pre-gaming during the day. More fun and more energy playing this game as opposed to some buy game against a team 1,000 miles away.

No gimme either, they are much improved from last season.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:24 AM »
I'll be there in the cheap season tickets holder section...I like to call it the young alumni section!  Should be a fun game to watch!

JSwarriors08

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:09:46 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the all-time series go 36-0 in Marquette's favor.  It's like beating up the scrawny kid on the playground in grade school.  You feel pity, but it's just too easy.

LON

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »
I'll be there in the cheap season tickets holder section...I like to call it the young alumni section!  Should be a fun game to watch!

Same here, I can hold off on lower bowl (donations) for row A in 428 for a couple more years.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
Same here, I can hold off on lower bowl (donations) for row A in 428 for a couple more years.

Me too. I like the name of 'young alumni sections'. I am in 406 row 6. I actually really like the seats. Mens room right outside, Miller Kiosk with a ton of beers to chose from. And an angle that is just like watching from the studen section.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:58:53 AM »
The best thing about the upper deck is you don't have to deal with the pompous older alumni in the lower bowl. Take my word for it, you're better off upstairs!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »
The best thing about the upper deck is you don't have to deal with the pompous older alumni in the lower bowl. Take my word for it, you're better off upstairs!

about two rows ahead of me there is an elderly couple that are awesome. Their friend usually joins them at half time. he is just as old and has a nice greg norman golf hat and wears sandals and socks and they are the coolest people in the world. and they cheer too, which is awesome. I can wait to meet these people. I will take them over stuffy, pompeous alumni any day.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
I consider this site to be the upper deck of the Marquette message boardosphere and the other board to be the lower bowl.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
I love my lower bowl seats in section 208. However, there are a lot of pregnant women around there.

nola03

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »
Should be a fun game.Anybody who says they prefer not playing UWM is silly. There will be a lot of excitement pre-gaming during the day. More fun and more energy playing this game as opposed to some buy game against a team 1,000 miles away.

No gimme either, they are much improved from last season.

Good to know that I, and many others, are silly.  ;)

Game is tomorrow night and I still have yet to feel the requisite "excitement" or "energy". Seems to me another timekiller until the big one December 6th.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »
I love my lower bowl seats in section 208. However, there are a lot of pregnant women around there.

You gettin' friendly in 208 ptm?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
You gettin' friendly in 208 ptm?

No, apparently everyone else is.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »

How'd you score lowers so quickly?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
How'd you score lowers so quickly?

Gotta know the right people. Spending the greenbacks helps mostly though.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
Gotta know the right people. Spending the greenbacks helps mostly though.

That's what I hear.  I already have people bugging me for money saying it can get me better seats when i graduate and I have 2 years still

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
Don't give money 2 years before you graduate unless it is a nominal amount to get you points for the number of years in a row of giving.  You have to review how the point system works and impact what you can which is amount of donations and at least something annually.  Money counts the most in the year it is donated so give something every year and then if you can increase that in the year before re-seating that will give you the biggest impact in the point system.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
Don't give money 2 years before you graduate unless it is a nominal amount to get you points for the number of years in a row of giving.  You have to review how the point system works and impact what you can which is amount of donations and at least something annually.  Money counts the most in the year it is donated so give something every year and then if you can increase that in the year before re-seating that will give you the biggest impact in the point system.
Oh I know.  I wouldn't be giving them any moeny just yet

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

You should respect your elders who grew up in the Al McGuire years. I sit in 215.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »
This is unrelated to this topic but not worth it's own thread but MarqPTM has seen Len Kasper on the concourse twice.  Anyone know where he sits?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »

I dare say the front row upper deck are among the finest seats in the house. I'd be in no hurry to move from there, either.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »
This is unrelated to this topic but not worth it's own thread but MarqPTM has seen Len Kasper on the concourse twice.  Anyone know where he sits?

no idea on Len Kasper, but you know who i would like to run into on the concourse... Len Elmore.  man do i want to take that guy out.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
Good to know that I, and many others, are silly.  ;)

Game is tomorrow night and I still have yet to feel the requisite "excitement" or "energy". Seems to me another timekiller until the big one December 6th.

Is it really that much less exciting than chicago st?  We understand that you don't feel anybump in excitement but that doesn't start to explain why you put so much energy into complaining about it and trying to convince others to be negative about it as well.  I live to far away to care for the most part, but I don't understand why playing them would irk anyone.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »
And there are those that say this board is less mature and intelligent than the other. Man, have they got their stuff twisted up in knots.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:22 PM »
I'll be at the game up in 420 (even tho I'm an older alum lol). . . . and my daughter (high schooler) will be coming with me for her second game of the year!

GO MARQUETTE!