[Today at 09:43:19 PM]

Pitino's Modern Take on a Maguire Move, Blow off the NIT by BLWarrior91
[Today at 09:38:18 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:10:52 PM]

Kolek Update by PointWarrior
[Today at 08:49:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Aaron Bowen: Newest 2010 Warrior  (Read 19829 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Aaron Bowen: Newest 2010 Warrior
« on: November 19, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
Per Jim Ganzer on sportsbubbler.com

Aaron Bowen

6'5" guard out of Jacksonville Florida.

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/forums/t/65497.aspx

2 different game films.

http://www.watchmygamefilm.com/team/team_002.htm

More info

http://www.floridahoops.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=504%3Areebok-headliner-camp-underclassmen&Itemid=84

HoopScoop has Aaron as the 8th best player out of Florida in the class of 2010 in a report earlier this year.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/area6-staudt.asp

And I know its only one game and we don't know the competition but how about this for a stat line:

"Wolfson sophomore Aaron Bowen fell one point short of the school record when he scored 41 da district semifinal victory over First Coast. Bowen made 5-of-6 shots from two-point range, drilled all six of his 3-point shots and converted 13-of-15 free throws."

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/021308/hig_246376058.shtml

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:10:31 PM by mufanatic »

strobl2

• Starter
Re: New 2010 recruit
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »
Is this the only site confirming this?

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:53:11 PM »
Rivals is confirming if you have a subscription and another MU site.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »
ESPN doesn't say he is, but his rank on there is an 86.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Aaron Bowen: Newest 2010 Warrior
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »
ESPN doesn't say he is, but his rank on there is an 86.

Interesting .. Rivals has a no-rank, and Scout has a 1-star for Bowen.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
some more quotes/ info from Rivals...

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=882&CID=806527
Aaron Bowen and Patrick Young, both class of 2010 prospects, showed some promise, too. Bowen, a 6-foot-6 forward, said Marquette, Florida, Jacksonville, Marist and Auburn. Young, a 6-foot-8 post, said Florida State, Virginia Tech and College of Charleston have shown interest.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=882&CID=806697
Teammate Aaron Bowen, a class of 2010, chipped in with 13 points in the semi-final loss. The 6-foot-6 forward was an eye-opener in his class here in Atlanta. He's a producing big man with a fair amount of potential to keep an eye on for the future.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=882&CID=811149
The Jacksonville Lee Bulls won a big game over D.C. Assault thanks to 22 points from Aaron Bowen, 21 points from Anthony Nwadigo and 17 points from J.P. Kuhlman.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=882&CID=811149

Wednesday wasn't just about the senior class. Junior forward Aaron Bowen took himself off the 2010 recruiting board on Wednesday night. The 6-foot-5, 180-pound wing from Jacksonville (Fla.) Wolfson is headed to the Big East.

Bowen verbally committed to Marquette, according to his Jacksonville Lee Bulls AAU coach David Jones.

"They had been looking at him for a while. They saw him play in the spring and [assistant] coach [Dale Layer] saw him when he was a Liberty. They didn't get a chance to see him play in the summer because he was hurt… But Buzz [Williams] felt that he was a kid he wanted to get."

Jones said Bowen liked what he saw with Marquette after he visited the school in June unofficially.

Marquette sent coaches back to Jacksonville to see Bowen in an early season game and came away impressed, Jones said.

"They saw him play a game the other night and they liked what they saw as far as his athleticism is concerned. They understand that he needs to work on his strength and his ball-handling," Jones said.

"I always thought he had the potential to be an extremely good high-major prospect and player. He's long. He's athletic. He can hit that perimeter shot. He needs some fine-tuning on the defensive end of the court and his ball-handling some more but he's got a chance to be a good player."

Bowen also considered Jacksonville (offer), Florida State, Florida, Miami and Kansas State.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 09:17:09 PM »
Interesting .. Rivals has a no-rank, and Scout has a 1-star for Bowen.

Rivals still hasn't ranked roseboro, and scout is only giving him 2 stars. ESPN also has roseboro ranked at 86.

nola03

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »
Seems an intriguing prospect. Our last foray into Florida was for the vaunted talent of Carlton Christian. Roseboro and Bowen seem of a similar vein in that they are underhyped rising talent.

Buzz really seems to love the 6'5''-6'6'' wing. However, you gotta figure he doesn't take Bowen in 10 if he has Wilson(?), Williams, and Maymon in 09. I'd also have to figure that taking Bowen at the 3 spot would likely push us down (or even off) the list for Harris, who had already been slipping since he backed off his Madness visit.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 09:56:04 PM »
Aaron isn't handled by Kool Aid Perry, is he?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
http://miamitropicslive.com/recruits/index.php

This site has him ranked the 4th best player in the state of Florida for the 2010 class. There's a little blurb on him down the right side of the page as well.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:44 PM »
Seems an intriguing prospect. Our last foray into Florida was for the vaunted talent of Carlton Christian. Roseboro and Bowen seem of a similar vein in that they are underhyped rising talent.

Buzz really seems to love the 6'5''-6'6'' wing. However, you gotta figure he doesn't take Bowen in 10 if he has Wilson(?), Williams, and Maymon in 09. I'd also have to figure that taking Bowen at the 3 spot would likely push us down (or even off) the list for Harris, who had already been slipping since he backed off his Madness visit.

FWIW, it sounds from everything I've read (posted here) that Bowen is more of a two than a three.
And, Buzz sure seems to have a penchant for recruiting guys with injury issues:

"Bowen is somewhat an under-the-radar prospect in that he missed a large portion of summer AAU circuit after aggravating a right knee injury while participating in a summer camp at MU. He had the knee scoped, missing roughly a month, and is now back to 100 percent."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/34785229.html

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:15 PM »
FWIW, it sounds from everything I've read (posted here) that Bowen is more of a two than a three.
And, Buzz sure seems to have a penchant for recruiting guys with injury issues:

"Bowen is somewhat an under-the-radar prospect in that he missed a large portion of summer AAU circuit after aggravating a right knee injury while participating in a summer camp at MU. He had the knee scoped, missing roughly a month, and is now back to 100 percent."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/34785229.html

That's the second time this week I've heard "under the radar" about two of our recruits.  Hoping like hell Buzz is right on these.  Have to assume he is.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »
Is this the only site confirming this?

I guess it's pretty solid since it's on MUScoop's scholarship table  ;D

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »
I'm not sure "under the radar" is appropriate for him. Being out of AAU impacted his exposure a bit, but he's still rated quite high.

Per this website, rated the #4 prospect in Florida (a kid going to Kansas State is rated #7 in the state. Florida has no shortage of high level players year in-year out). This site also lists him as the #80 ranked player in the country in the '10 class (Flavien Davis is #79).

Looks like a great pickup. I love the long, athletic players. Fill a team up with them and good things happen.

http://miamitropicslive.com/recruits/index.php

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »
From the press conference about the recruits Buzz said he wasn't really worried about positions and actually seemed to get upset (though I think he was kidding) when one of the reporters asked to define EW's position.  From what I remember him saying he said something to the affect that ideally he wants to get a point in every class, always have two true 5s on the roster and surround them with "players".  Sounds good to me and though some may still want to define a player into a position I'll take my chances in college with a 5'11, 6'5, 6'6, 6'7, 6'10 lineup all day long.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
I'm not sure "under the radar" is appropriate for him. Being out of AAU impacted his exposure a bit,

I agree ... He still has two years of HS basketball left, plus the 2009 Spring and Summer AAU tournaments. He could be a kid that blows-up as people see more of him .... Will be interesting to track his development and progress.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 01:28:16 AM »
God, I hope he heals well.

So far, Buzz's luck hasn't been good with his recruits!
SS Marquette

nyg

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »
Scout has him listed as a Shooting Guard, so thats probably where he is slotted for. Hopefully it will not effect Jamil Wilson and his potential decision. I do like Buzz going after the 6'5 and over type wings, giving size/quickness as a premium.  There are three current players under 6 ft and no other incoming recruit under. But the last two recruits have been the "under the radar" so, we'll see how Roseboro make progress this year and Bowen the next and rely upon Buzz's staff for potential evaluations. The site quotes of "shows some promise" and "potential" scare me abit, but we'll see. 

BTW, there have been numerous references about the ESPN ranking of Roseboro at #86. This is not a ranking, but a "score".       

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 06:29:05 AM »
scout confirms this AM

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 07:04:52 AM »
I think Buzz's offense requires a center, point guard and three wings.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:17 AM »
I think if buzz can get us a good center and a good point guard in the 2010 class then our team will be very well balanced. If we can get some depth behind cadougan and then have otule, mcmorrow, roseboro and a solid 5 from the '10 class we will be a very good team combined with all the talent we have coming in at the wings.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »

Bowen's more of a 2, Harris is more of a 4.  Figuring he still wants another PG in 2010, there's still an open spot for Harris.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »
That's the second time this week I've heard "under the radar" about two of our recruits.  Hoping like hell Buzz is right on these.  Have to assume he is.

Under the radar for a 2010 kid doesn't mean a thing right now.  Most services haven't even begun to seriously evaluate 2010 players.  Heck most haven't seen 2010 players unless they played up a division in AAU this summer.  They won't start to really look at those kids until March, and won't do serious evaluations until after the April signing period for 2009 kids. 

Until then, most rankings and ratings of 2010 kids are pretty worthless, and the fact that a player may or may not be on them doesn't mean much.  A lot guys currently in the top 100 are going to drop out when people take a long look at them, and some players no one has even heard of yet will become top 50 players.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »
That first blurb on this kid states that he hit 6 of 6 from behind the arc...sounds like more of a shooter (2G) than anything else.

I too like the idea of suiting up a point, a true big/center, and 3 long athletes at the wing/guard/forward spots.  I'd hate to run an offense against all that length and activity.