[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338160 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15/17
« Reply #6300 on: March 24, 2017, 07:05:47 PM »
Heard on the radio this morning that the elder Porter had been an assistant for the Mizzou women's team and has a daughter that plays on the team.

There are 8 Porter kids. Two of the girls are playing at Mizzou, Bri, and Cierra. Michael Porter Sr.'s wife Lisa, is the sister of Mizzou's women's coach Robin Pingeton (current SEC coach of the year).....Porter Sr. was an assistant there for over 6 years. Jontay Porter, 6'11 is a 2018 recruit but may play 2017 class instead to play with his brother.  The latter four kids are a little young for recruiting just yet. The Porter parents met at Athlete's in Action, where Lorenzo Romar also played.

None of the Porters are related to former Sikeston, MO, Georgetown star, and Washington Wizard, Otto Porter Jr.  He likely would have gone to Mizzou if Mike Anderson hadn't left for Arkansas.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6301 on: March 24, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »
There are 8 Porter kids. Two of the girls are playing at Mizzou, Bri, and Cierra. Michael Porter Sr.'s wife Lisa, is the sister of Mizzou's women's coach Robin Pingeton (current SEC coach of the year).....Porter Sr. was an assistant there for over 6 years. Jontay Porter, 6'11 is a 2018 recruit but may play 2017 class instead to play with his brother.  The latter four kids are a little young for recruiting just yet. The Porter parents met at Athlete's in Action, where Lorenzo Romar also played.

None of the Porters are related to former Sikeston, MO, Georgetown star, and Washington Wizard, Otto Porter Jr.  He likely would have gone to Mizzou if Mike Anderson hadn't left for Arkansas.

That's fine, but how would Porter Sr. do in 1-on-1 against Michael Jordan?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6302 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
That's fine, but how would Porter Sr. do in 1-on-1 against Michael Jordan?
But more important would Jr be like Magic if he goes to the Lakers or maybe be Magic Dawson?
Goal is National Championship

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #6303 on: March 25, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
JayBee (or anyone else who would know)

If McKinley Wright asks out of his LOI, would he be worth a shot?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6304 on: March 25, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »

JayBee is far more well versed in scouting high schoolers than I am, but I've seen him play 3x the past few weeks, and I'm not impressed. He is solid, but a bit of a chucker. Looks like a MM player to me, but he may develop into a nice college player. I'm sure Wojo is trying to catch some bigger fish, but he wouldn't be an awful back up plan.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6305 on: March 25, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »
An interesting traditional transfer name is Mike Lewis II. Freshman PG from Duquesne. Averaged over 14 PPG this year. Looks like he may be more of a shoot first PG from his stats, but would give us another option to pair with Markus after Rowsey graduates. Also some insurance if Markus goes pro early.

Here are his freshman year highlights. I hope Wojo reaches out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFapF3afnHY
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:28:55 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6306 on: March 25, 2017, 03:49:23 PM »

Posted this elsewhere earlier today... short answer is, worth considering...

Puju1 wrote:

If Archie Miller is named head coach at Indiana, could Champlin Parks McKinley Wright ask for his release and would Marquette be a potential landing spot?

I feel for Kin... he was excited to play for Archie..definitely could see him asking for a release.

What I don't like: We need to figure out how to play Markus and Rowsey for big minutes in 2017-18. Adding a point guard doesn't help in that regard. Maybe I need to get just accept the idea of playing very small at the guard position.

Some of what I do like: McKinley is more of a pure PG than our returnees; we have roster space; McKinley can help on defense more than our returnees; he's not tall, but very strong. Fierce competitor, relentless rebounding the ball and wins battles against bigger guys because of strength, IQ and pursuit; would like to add a PG in 2018 anyway...

If McKinley wants out, I'd recommend talking to him. He may not feel it's the best situation for him... but, with our current scholarship situation, our current roster, etc... if I'm MU, I'm going to entertain the thought.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6307 on: March 25, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »
I think it's almost impossible to fathom, but might Wright consider a redshirt? Doesn't sound like that would fit his personality, but it looks to be working for another Minnesota native (Anim) and it would be ideal for him to be eligible as a freshman next year and in position to play alongside Markus for 1-2 years and then get the keys himself.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6308 on: March 25, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »

Based on his twitter I would guess there is a very strong chance he asks out of his LOI.  Sad, the kid seems heartbroken over Archie's decision. 

When we look at this as fans, we often forget about these things affecting a kids dream. 

Here is to hoping that at the very least he finds an opportunity that makes him happy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6309 on: March 25, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »
Based on his twitter I would guess there is a very strong chance he asks out of his LOI.  Sad, the kid seems heartbroken over Archie's decision. 

When we look at this as fans, we often forget about these things affecting a kids dream. 

Here is to hoping that at the very least he finds an opportunity that makes him happy.

While you are certainly right and it does stink, I think most of them end up doing alright simply getting a full scholarship to play for either a different coach or a different school, or both.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6310 on: March 25, 2017, 08:00:49 PM »
Kosta doing very well at Dayton. Gained 15 poiunds of muscle. Check out pics in story. Now is the time to strike and get him back in our fold. Make package deal with McKinley Wright who is clearly disappointed.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/dayton-flyers-freshman-making-big-strides-practice/hvqtqnLxGqt9RgyfIveMNM/

https://twitter.com/Ballislife_025?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Theo would be reunited with his buddy Mckinley.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #6311 on: March 25, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »

There's no such thing as a "LOI" for one to have to ask out of.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6312 on: March 25, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
There's no such thing as a "LOI" for one to have to ask out of.

False.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6313 on: March 25, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »
False.

Semantics. "Redshirt" is a description. "LOI" probably in the same category.

There is an NLI. Many call it an "LOI".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6314 on: March 25, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »
Semantics. "Redshirt" is a description. "LOI" probably in the same category.

There is an NLI. Many call it an "LOI".

Yep.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6315 on: March 25, 2017, 08:46:52 PM »
Most importantly doe, did he submit his application, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6316 on: March 25, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »
Kosta doing very well at Dayton. Gained 15 poiunds of muscle. Check out pics in story. Now is the time to strike and get him back in our fold. Make package deal with McKinley Wright who is clearly disappointed.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/dayton-flyers-freshman-making-big-strides-practice/hvqtqnLxGqt9RgyfIveMNM/

https://twitter.com/Ballislife_025?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Theo would be reunited with his buddy Mckinley.

As I said in one of the other threads in regards to Kostas leaving:

Why would he leave?  He already did a RS year to become eligible to even play.  If he leaves, he has to sit out another year.  He would only have 3-years eligibility left by the time he starts.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6317 on: March 26, 2017, 09:42:35 AM »
As I said in one of the other threads in regards to Kostas leaving:

Why would he leave?  He already did a RS year to become eligible to even play.  If he leaves, he has to sit out another year.  He would only have 3-years eligibility left by the time he starts.

Not necessarily...typically kids that leave due to coaching changes are immediately eligible.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6318 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »
Not necessarily...typically kids that leave due to coaching changes are immediately eligible.

No

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6319 on: March 26, 2017, 09:52:57 AM »

This is how u say... "one lie"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6320 on: March 26, 2017, 10:23:50 AM »
This is how u say... "one lie"

Bullsh*t...there are plenty of cases of kids transferring due to coaching changes that become eligible right away.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6321 on: March 26, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »
Bullsh*t...there are plenty of cases of kids transferring due to coaching changes that become eligible right away.

Recruits getting out of their NLI? Yes. Roster players transferring and being allowed to play right away? No.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6322 on: March 26, 2017, 10:26:47 AM »

That's a lie. Name of some of "plenty of cases". Go ahead, find 'em. Good luck. You are simply wrong.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6323 on: March 26, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »
That's a lie. Name of some of "plenty of cases". Go ahead, find 'em. Good luck. You are simply wrong.

Yes I was referring to kids asking for a release from a LOI are immediately eligible typically..Not typical transfers. Sorry, should have clarified.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #6324 on: March 26, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Argument should be wether we want wright n kostas or not.  If the answer is yes i fear for our coaches n program.  Neither will help us be competive in thw BE, they signed with an A10 school for a reason
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:49:26 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.