[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Lepay/Lucas and Badgers postgame  (Read 5840 times)

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
Lepay/Lucas and Badgers postgame
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »
Anyone listen to the Badgers postgame show?

Lepay and Lucas could not have been more complimentary to MU, raving about MU's three-headed monster (Rowsey, Howard, Hauser), the ball screens that freed them, and crediting the changing double-teams on Happ to  hold him down a bit and force some turnovers.  They also weren't afraid of criticizing UW's players and the mistakes they made.  They also discussed the injuries and what UW needs to do going forward, but they were not used as an excuse.  You got the sense they knew that even without the injuries, there are real issues with the Badgers roster.

Then on the call-in show that followed, those hosts (don't remember the names) actually really let a few UW players have it, calling out guys for inconsistent play.  I can't recall any host on ESPN540 ever even slightly ripping an MU player.

It was so refreshing to listen to announcers get into some good X's and O's discussion and not be afraid to criticize the players on the team they work for, as opposed to Homer, who now just acts as a PR arm for MU and phones in his play-by-play (was in Vegas and listened to his call of MU vs Georgia...you never got the sense of why anything was happening) and will never, ever call out an MU player for poor performance.

tower912

• All American
Re: Lepay/Lucas and Badgers postgame
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:54:13 AM »
Could not figure out how you were going to turn this into a criticism of MU, but you pulled it off.    Way to know your role.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »
Could not figure out how you were going to turn this into a criticism of MU, but you pulled it off.    Way to know your role.

So I'm wrong?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
Why would anyone here listen to the Badger post game?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »

Because Mayfair isn't one of "us".  He's a troll.
Have some patience, FFS.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »

Same reason to listen to the Bears postgame after a Packers win against them.  Always fun and interesting to see what they have to say.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:13:35 AM »
Because Mayfair isn't one of "us".  He's a troll.

How is anything in my original post "trolling?"  Where am I wrong in anything I wrote?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »
How is anything in my original post "trolling?"  Where am I wrong in anything I wrote?

Look at your entire body of work.  You never miss an opportunity to say something bad about the team.
Have some patience, FFS.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 09:18:52 AM »
Same reason to listen to the Bears postgame after a Packers win against them.  Always fun and interesting to see what they have to say.

As a Bears fan I will say that the postgames haven't been nearly as entertaining since Doug Buffone passed.   Listening to him and OB as two angry old men covering a terrible team always made me laugh a lot.
Doug: "Frank Omiyale needs to be brought up on murder charges, because he just got his quarterback killled!!"

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
As a Bears fan I will say that the postgames haven't been nearly as entertaining since Doug Buffone passed.   Listening to him and OB as two angry old men covering a terrible team always made me laugh a lot.
Doug: "Frank Omiyale needs to be brought up on murder charges, because he just got his quarterback killled!!"

I remember the WBBM days with Joe McConnell and Brad Palmer.  Bears usually beat the Packers and I had to hear what they had to say if GB somehow managed a win.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »
Not related to this particular Badger postgame, but Matt Lepay deserves a wider audience. He's just a damn good broadcaster.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »

Doug can't be replaced, but OB is still bringing the noise on WGN.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 01:41:51 PM »
Doug can't be replaced, but OB is still bringing the noise on WGN.

Hamp can't replace Doug, but he's really good with OB and Koz. Much more interesting after the Bears lose.

As a Bears season ticket holder (and Packers fan... don't ask), Hamp and OB with Koz is the real post-game show. They understand the game and bleed blue and orange, which is what you want your commentators to do.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
Not related to this particular Badger postgame, but Matt Lepay deserves a wider audience. He's just a damn good broadcaster.
I would never listen to him call a Badger game, but he is brutal calling Brewers games.  Doesn't know names, constantly spewing incorrect info, and has no concept as to the strategy of the game.  Guy deserves no audience.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »

I have no exposure to Lepay's UW work, but I really like him on Brewers games.  Anderson can go call golf or whatever all season, since Lepay's better.

connie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »
I also think Lepay does a nice job.  And I think Homer's schtick is worn and tired.  Love Mac.  There is a guy that needs a wider audience.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
I would never listen to him call a Badger game, but he is brutal calling Brewers games.  Doesn't know names, constantly spewing incorrect info, and has no concept as to the strategy of the game.  Guy deserves no audience.

Lepay is fine calling Badger games......you are on the money about his baseball play by play ability.

He is brutal.......Anderson is one of the best in the business......we are damn lucky to have him.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »
BA is great on baseball.

Lepay on baseball sounds like A.C. Slater.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 06:05:33 AM »

Disagree.  Leapt does a much better job announcing Brewer games than Brian Anderson, who repeats, repeats and repeats and talks more about the other team than the Brewers.  Also he forgets that he is the play by play announcer way too often.  Wish Lepay would replace him.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
Disagree.  Leapt does a much better job announcing Brewer games than Brian Anderson, who repeats, repeats and repeats and talks more about the other team than the Brewers.  Also he forgets that he is the play by play announcer way too often.  Wish Lepay would replace him.
I disagree with your disagreement.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

CreanLover

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 06:32:11 AM »
You want Homer to put MU players on blast? I certainly don’t.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »
I disagree with your disagreement.

I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement. 

8-)

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »
I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement. 

I agree with this disagreement.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
I haven't listened to Homer in quite sometime since all the games are on TV now, but he was brutal calling a game.

I actually enjoy Brian Anderson.  And that's coming from a Cubs fan.  I don't like Bill Schroeder though.

feedback