[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game Day Ops  (Read 4112 times)

The Lens

• All American
Game Day Ops
« on: April 22, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
Tho they went 1-1 the Bucks were flawless in creating a chaotic atmosphere.   Their tee shirt blackout was nearly 100% effective and their towel giveaway was on point. 

Will MU take note?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Game Day Ops
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:47:59 AM »
You mean by giving away a single color shirt and not having you spend 15 on one?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »
Thought the bucks setup was pretty high level yesterday. Thought MU has always been decent from a college perspective, but Bucks stepped up to  a different level for that game. Can't see the hype man and DJ working at an MU game, but they helped the energy throughout.  Saw they had a little on court suite behind the bucks bench in the corner. Seems like that could be an easy perk/add-on package. Oh yeah... people like free stuff too.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
MU has tried it with the T shirts on chair or upon entrance many times.  people dont put them on.  For whatever reason the sweater vest crowd refuses.

When MU sold them a couple years ago to try to do the gold out - they were $7 or so.  not 15. 

The striping this year worked pretty well this year - much to my surprise. It was heavily marketed and people participated.  If the team continues to improve, perhaps more people will participate in these types of marketing events.

finally, NBA allows music and other bs during the game - college does not.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
Yeah... above all else winning and high level opponents make for a great atmosphere.  The color-outs are a little over-done at this point imo. I found it funny that the Bucks were pumping in sound noise. There were some defensive chants that were clearly started artificially, might have been others.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »
There are too many superstitious college fans some of the old timers also want to look professional rather than like they're at a game. Stuff like this will never be any more effective than the stripe out this past year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »
In terms of overall excitement and hype...

NBA Playoffs >>> Average Big East Game

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
MU has tried it with the T shirts on chair or upon entrance many times.  people dont put them on.  For whatever reason the sweater vest crowd refuses.

When MU sold them a couple years ago to try to do the gold out - they were $7 or so.  not 15. 

The striping this year worked pretty well this year - much to my surprise. It was heavily marketed and people participated.  If the team continues to improve, perhaps more people will participate in these types of marketing events.

finally, NBA allows music and other bs during the game - college does not.

When was the last time Marquette put shirts on chairs?  I have attended nearly every home game since 2009 and have never seen it.  I also don't remember the selling of T-shirts for a gold-out, or even the attempt at a color-out other than the stripes last year.
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »
There was a game they put t-shirts on the seats maybe 10 years ago. I remember someone had stolen all the shirts in our section before we even got there and could see them in the endzone sections still grabbing those.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
When was the last time Marquette put shirts on chairs?  I have attended nearly every home game since 2009 and have never seen it.  I also don't remember the selling of T-shirts for a gold-out, or even the attempt at a color-out other than the stripes last year.

well, perhaps it was before 09.  I have been to 75%+ of games since 00.  starts to run together.

they have definitely tried to hand them out on the way in since 09.  i think b/c people complained about getting an XL on the chair. handing out does not work either.

they "tried" selling shirts for the gold out a few years ago.  the fact that you dont remember is why it didnt work - they did not do a good job marketing it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »
I personally put shirts on chairs between 04 and 06 at least twice. Along with foam things, thundersticks, senior day cards....

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 02:59:18 PM »
I personally put shirts on chairs between 04 and 06 at least twice. Along with foam things, thundersticks, senior day cards....

Every Senior Day Card Counts.TM

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

I've been going since 1997 .. my memory isn't perfect, but I only recall one game that there were shirts on seats.   Did you put them on ALL seats, or just the student section or something?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
I don't remember ever getting stuff on the seats. I remember getting crap handed to me as I walked in. They haven't done that in years

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 05:10:01 PM »

Not exactly sure on this, but I think thundersticks are now banned for college basketball

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 07:15:49 AM »
I've been going since 1997 .. my memory isn't perfect, but I only recall one game that there were shirts on seats.   Did you put them on ALL seats, or just the student section or something?

ALL the seats. Takes a long time....

feedback